•١•

Scorching shimmers.
Wild commotion.
Is that... Daylight?

Adjusting their eyes to the burning blaze, seemed impossible. Expatriation immediately washed them. The rough, tight, revealing fabric of human clothes irritated them.

Although she couldn't see it, 3541 glanced mournfully at what used to be her home.

'Are we there yet?' 4587 tugged at his mother sleeve. Eyes full naivety and a mouth turned into a lopsided grin.

Little does he know.

'Almost sweetheart.' 2630 assured him with her musical soft tone. She always seemed to radiate confidence and strength. But no one knows that she cries herself to sleep clutching a crumbled wooden frame.

Loud sirens startled everyone. 3541 was roughly pulled out of her daydream.

'What's wrong?' She inquired.

'We entered the planet atmospheric shell. Everyone get ready for impact!' Commanded the captain.

The spaceship shock back-achingly, leaving everyone breathless and clutching into the linen fabric of useless belts. Minutes passed effortlessly, when the ship's belly swept the ash-colored sand.

The place was stifling, burns and bruises found their way easily to their porcelain, white skin. 3541 was the first to recover and saw 4587 struggling with his belt. The spaceship wasn't wrecked, but slightly damaged with everyone shifted from their original places. 3541 ran and fumbled through her and 4587 belts, cracking them open.

The rest were already out, coughing and resting their hands on the rapid rising and falling of their chests.

Burns started forming rapidly as they glared at the foreign, luminous object floating in the dark tufts and feathers.
Single-handily, everyone slipped their masks around their jaws. The radiation could be sensed in the air and sand underneath.

They were looking at each other. Not having a solid plan, 158, the captain, suggested exploring the area.

3541 smirked sarcastically, she knew they wouldn't survive. But she kept her mouth shut.

{*}

Sleep crept slowly into their eyes. Although they can survive days without sleep, the trip, unfamiliar heat and their cuts and bruises slowly drained their energy.

The fear of dying away from home, alone, hungry was also their. The exploration trip came back empty-handed. Leaving them more depressed.

They cuddled around the craft. Eyeing the engineer trying to fix it.

3541 drifted into a restless sleep. Yet she somehow managed to recall events from the past.

{#}

'Mom, mom!' Shrieked Sarah excited, running towards her mom and embraced her in an awkward hug from the side.

'Oh..., my dear what happened?'

'I got an A*!!'

'My dear, I am so proud of you. This needs celebration.'

'Really mom?'

'Of course my dear, your happiness is my first priority.' Sarah's mom hugged her back.

'Now let me finish baking the cake.' She kissed her before hopping towards the stairs.

Sarah sat at her balcony and watched the clear dark sky. She always wondered if they were alone. If other creatures existed on other planets. She wanted to grow into a successful astronomer.

Araton's children had dreams.
Araton's people were free.
Araton's technology leaped other galaxies.
Araton was a land of true : liberty, democracy ; happiness.

Araton was a land of peace.

But Eraton... took that away from them.

{*}

'____________________________

A/N: Thank you for checking out my story. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

A small act such as tapping on the vote button makes the author happy and motivates him/her to continue it.

If you are that kind and wasted a minute and a few taps on writing a comment. I would be ever very grateful.

But if you crossed the border of kindness and shared the story, it would be a favor I should return.

I won't keep you from reading anymore go ahead and scroll to the next chapter!

Thank you again and don't forget : stay cool 😎 .