•Chapter Twenty-Two•

Your POV.....

You walked beside Hannah as everyone walked through the hallways. Alois and Ciel walked side by side with angered expression plastered upon their faces, they kept giving each other death glares but would look back towards you with a soften expression.

"Hannah where exactly are we hosting this plan?" You asked Hannah in a hushed whispered.

"In the back yard." Was all Hannah replied. Anxiety filled your thoughts as you approached a balcony area, and when the doors opened your eyes widened with shock.

The back yard was now changed into an arena that looked like a chess board. Huge statues of pawns were either painted red or blue, representing Alois and Ciel. The balcony area consisted of two couches on either side of the room. Alois claimed the right side while Ciel claimed the left before entering the arena with their butlers.

You and Hannah stood for a few moments in an awkward silence before Hannah leaned over and whispered into your ear.

"I have to get going since I'm participating in this battle. Please remain here."

Nodding your head you sighed, but turning to look at Hannah you noticed she was already gone. You began to twist your (H/L) (H/C) in nervousness and bite your nails as you tapped your foot. Observing the two Earls you noticed them ordering their butlers, and you swore you thought you saw the butlers eyes glow a soft pink for a split second.

"Today this deadly battle will settle the competition between the Earl Trancy and the Earl Phantomhive. Whoever wins shall precede to do whatever they please to the looser!~.." Claude began to shout. You nodded your head slightly. However, what he would announce next was unexpected.

"Also, whoever the winner is will take the maiden (F/N) (L/N) in their own hands and will take her to stay within their household."

Your face went pale and you began to tremble, you weren't notified about this....and you were terrified out of your mind. You started to breathe panicky as your (E/C) eyes went full and were shaking uncontrollably.

"W-W-W-W-What?" You whimpered. Looking at the two earls you saw Ciel smirking while Alois' face also went pale, but soon his smirk returned onto his face. This made you suddenly feel angered towards Alois.

"Why didn't you tell me, damn you son of a bitch." You growled to yourself. You felt tears welling up in your (E/C) eyes as the two Earls whispered to their butlers, and soon the two Earl's were heading up back towards the balcony.

Consternation was all you felt. You weren't able to tell yourself if you were angered or terrified out of your mind, and because of that you felt the combination of the two emotions. Hearing the two Earl's walking towards the doors to the balcony, you quickly moved to the side and hid as the two entered the balcony.

"This will be interesting to see how this plays out Alois, because from the looks of it you didn't tell (F/N) about this part of the deal didn't you?" Ciel said towards Alois. Your (E/C) narrowed at him as he sighed shakily.

"I never thought we would actually fight over for (F/N) as well, we only discussed about our situation you fucking asshole." Alois hissed.

"Well too late." Ciel replied bluntly. He walked over to his couch and cross his legs while placing his chin on the palm of his hand. You silently walked out of your hiding place and approached Alois' couch and sat next to
Him.

"(F/N)~..." Alois said hesitantly. Your didn't even dare to look at him, yet your heart ached to do so. Alois suddenly grabbed your hand and pulled you closer towards him, his warmth radiating onto you making you feel comforted.

"W-W-Why didn't you tell me?" You asked quietly so only Alois could hear. Alois' crystal blue eyes were filled with tears as his body began to tremble.

"I-I never thought Ciel would actually take this battle that far to get to you." Alois cried out quietly. You could see the sadness pouring out of him, his pleading for forgiveness shone through his eyes that slowly dulled out.

"It's okay Alois, but you better win." You replied nervously. Alois only nodded before sighing and looking at the commotion in the arena, and all you could do was begin to cry silently.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Two hours later.....

Sebastian flipped three times in the air before taking out his butter knives and pinning Hannah to the ground, for the whole time the people at the arena were fighting your (E/C) eyes were widened from bewilderment.

"How the hell did everyone fight so...flawlessly?" You gasped from shock. Alois sat there with a smirk crawling upon his face.

"Well....That's what makes a Trancy butler-"

"Okay but that isn't anything a human could do!" You exclaimed. However, worry filled your body as you stared at Hannah who remained on the ground gasping for air.

"Even though this danse Macarbra is fun it is time for our Master's tea, so we must delay this match for the time being." Claude announced.

"Is it truly already tea time?" Sebastian asked, you watched him smirk as he checked his pocket watch. However, glancing towards the balcony he stared at Ciel....then swiftly glanced at you with his typical smirk which made your skin crawl.

"Damn bastard." Alois growled quietly to himself as he squeezed your hand tightly. You only could sigh before hearing Claude calling for all the servants to arrange the ingredients for the tea.

You took this as an opportunity to help Hannah, so swiftly you left the two Earl's at the balcony and sprinted down the hallway till arriving to the arena. When approaching Hannah the triplets were removing the knives.

"Damn Demon.." Thompson muttered under his breath.

"The Phantomhive butler sure does know how to use knives." Canterbury commented.

"Oh shut it." Hannah groaned in pain.

"H-Hannah." You spoke out softly. The triplets turned towards your direction, concern filled within their ruby red eyes as they watched you kneel down towards Hannah and begin removing knives that trapped her.

"What are you doing here (F/N)?" Thompson suddenly whispered cautiously. You raised your eyebrows slowly as you glanced at him.

"Helping Hannah-"

"You need to get out of here as soon as you can~.." Hannah breathed out from pain. Taking a gasp of air Hannah weakly sat up and grabbed your hand.

"W-What?" You whispered.

"Miss Hannah is right Miss (F/N), you need to hide and make sure that the Phantomhive butler or the Earl can't find you." Timber exclaimed in a hushed voice.

The more you listened to the servants, the more your fear began to grow. Looking sneakily towards Ciel and Sebastian you noticed them standing close together whispering, and as their eyes landed on you the feeling of panic rushed through your veins, you quickly looked away and helped Hannah up, but with your trembling arms the triplets had to assist.

"Hurry.." Hannah whispered in your ear. Then you were left by yourself, and the feeling of the Phatomhive's butler eyeing you made you shiver. You quickly exited the arena and walked through the halls, and slowly began to sprint as you felt your paranoia settle in your body.

What am I gonna do?, you thought to yourself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author's Note: well there you go...buckle in your seat belts for the next chapter.

Thanks!
~MysteryGirl86