Aurelia

Jan. 19th - 1976

After a very long night of mischief, four boys trekked through the forest outside of the Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Their English accents were heard loudly from even through the trees. 

"Come on, guys," the front leader called, scruffing up his hair short dark brown hair and fixing his round glasses. "I'm starving," he added, attempting to fix his red and gold tie which resulted in it being even messier.

Another boy followed after him, running his hands through his long dark hair and fixing his robes. "Aye Moony, try to keep up, will ya?" He called out to the boy behind him.

The boy after him had been buttoning up his under shirt, looking more tired than the rest. "I'm comin'," he looked down at his shirt to keep buttoning, "I'm coming, okay," he muttered to himself. It was easy to tell that he was more troubled by the events in the night than the other boys had been.

"Have we lost wormtail?" The boy with long hair shouted out, turning back to look at Remus who had finished buttoning his shirt, beginning to put his sweater on.

Remus shrugged and turned around, watching as their last, more dorky looking, friend trudged along the woods. He lowered his head out of breath, "That was fun!"

Remus rolled his eyes at wormtail and turned back towards the long haired boy, "Can I have my robes, Sirius?"

Sirius had been thinking, which was a very new sensation for him. He turned and handed Remus his black robes and red and gold tie. "Is that the last of them, Moony?"

"Until next month," Remus replied, shoving his arms into the sleeves of his school robes. 

Wormtail sat down on the log that the boy in the front had been standing on, "that's a shame."

"It's not a shame, Peter," Remus corrected him, sighing deeply.

"I always have fun! Don't you, James?" Peter argued back, looking up at the boy who had been in the front. 

James looked down at him and reluctantly nodded. "Did you guys see that wolf last night?" James asked, looking around the woods carefully.

"What? You mean Moony?" Sirius joked, earning a playful hit on the shoulder from Remus.

"No, not Moony, you bloat, the white as snow wolf that was hanging around us last night," James corrected, looking at Remus, who seemed to be the more reasonable one.

Peter nodded excitedly, "I think I did, once or twice. It had been watching us both times, from a distance," he finished.

Remus sighed, "Do you think anyone knows it was us?"

"Relax, it was probably just a real animal. I doubt it was anyone of consequence," Sirius said whilst fixing his own tie.

Remus looked worried, scared that him or any of his friends were going to get in trouble because of him. James smiled kindly at him, wrapping his red and gold scarf around the troubled friend, "Chin up, Remus. It's nearly breakfast!"

The boys continued on through the forest and to the castle. Remus sat behind, looking around. He couldn't usually remember things from the night before but he did remember the wolf covered in white fur. Shaking the thought out of his head when Sirius called back for him, he continued on, jogging to keep up with his three friends.

That morning, breakfast at the Great Hall was covered in gossip about a new student. According to rumors, the new student had arrived late night. And since there was no formal sorting ceremony, everybody was very excited to see what house they had been put in.