chapter 3

After their break of flying the three teens perched on the sail once more to watch over the images and people below. They moved boxes around and chatted casually among themselves as if there was no danger near them at the moment. Skolris kept a good eye on what happened below her and what happened above her as well. There could be a chance that these people had other enemies as well and it would be an option for them to attack with canons.

     There was suddenly a small prod on her wing and Antariel looked up at her with an amused expression. "Soo, when are you going to tell him?" She asked quietly. Skolris gave an embarrassed smile,"eeehhuuummm tell him whhaatt?" She asked innocently. Antariel gave her a friendly shove with a blue wing,"oh you know, don't act like you don't! Tell him your fffeeeeeeeeelllllliiiinnnnngggggssss." She whispered with a quick glance at Nymos. Skolris shrugged,"well, what if he doesn't feel the same about me?" She asked. Antariel giggled like a 3 year old child,"Oh of COURSE he does. He TOLD me himself!" She announced.

     "Noow, when did he do that?" Skolris asked with also a glance at him in his majestic falcon form. Antariel smiled,"he was sssoooooooo worried about you when you left a while back to visit your mother. When you didn't come back after awhile he started to panic." She said with a sheepish smile. Skolris's eyes widened,"he DID? Well.. umm... it's not like you weren't worried!" She said defensively.

    Antariel cracked up with quiet laughter,"not as worried as he was! You should have seen Nymos, all blushing and pacing and getting embarrassed when i mention you." She covered her smile with a wing and Skolris shot her a nonmeaningful glare. Instead she turned away from that conversation,"so, why do you think we got these powers?" Skolris asked.

    Antariel shrugged while looking down at her bird feet. "I dunno. Maybe we were meant to have these powers because.. um. We..were...the.... uhhh...the chosen ones." She suggested. Skolris glanced at her with an unimpressed face,"thanks for making it clear. I know the meaning of life now. Please share another magical suggestion with me.." she said sarcastically.

    Antariel  grinned and raised her head," have a prophecy to share with you... i determine in your near future that you and Nymos will have chil-" Skolris interrupted with an embarassed glance at him,"oookk that's enough. I didn't really want you to do that." Skolris said.
"But really, why do you think this happened? Why i became a shapeshifter... why you became a natureshifter... thing and why Nymos became a vampire-Watershifter thing?"

   Antariel shrugged,"I have no idea. Maybe if was our destiny." She suggested. Skolris rolled her eyes,"well obviously, we wouldn't have gotten these powers if it wasn't our destiny..... have you ever noticed that everything happens to me while you two just sit there without a scratch on your skin? My mom gets blown up and burned, i get ambushed during the night, i get attacked by our allies.." she listed.

    Antariel nodded her head,"yah, i noticed that! Haha, i have always wondered why nothing ever happens to me and Nymos?" But then out of nowhere the sound of an arrow being released from a bow string echoed across the wood and shortly after a shriek from behind her.

    Skolris spun around and stared open mouthed in shock and horror. The people below laughed and cheered but the sight in front of her was nothing to be happy about. Nymos was frozen, his head tilted down to stare at the arrow that was lodged in his chest. Time seemed to slow when he began to go limp and fall backwards.

    Skolris came back into action as she shifted into a bigger bird, an eagle, and dove under his falling body. Antariel followed her as she began to race back towards the way they had come, leaving the boat behind her. That was our only chance to find our enemies but i have to save Nymos! He can't die, he just can't!

     Skolris was too shocked to do anything but fly anymore. Antariel was following close behind and Nymos's golden griffin bond had summoned itself out and was flying beside them now. And through all the hours of flying Skolris was completely aware of the limp body that belonged to her friend just barely clinging onto life on her back. Just a little longer. We can make it!

     When they finally arrived at the nearest island Skolris flew quickly towards the nearest city. Thankfully this was a large and popular island so there certainly had to be a hospital nearby. Skolris and Antariel flew close to the buildings searching for a hospital and it wasn't long before they found one. She swooped down towards the ground and Skolris didn't care who saw her, she just cared about getting her friend saved.

    She shifted back into a human and Nymos fell right into her arms but the problem was that he was still a falcon. Antariel followed her in human form also as they sprinted towards the door. Don't die. Don't die. Don't die! We're almost there!

     Antariel pulled open the door and they sprinted inside and stopped quickly at the front desk. The lady looked up with a surprised expression as they appreared. Skolris didn't wait for her to ask any questions,"you have to help us! My friend got shot by an arrow! I don't want him to die!" She said desperately.

     The lady stood and began to come towards them,"where is he?" She asked. "We'll help him right away!" Skolris came towards her and showed her the falcon in her hands practically bleeding to death,"right here, please help him!" She said, her face beginning to redden. The lady looked at Nymos with a confused expression,"this isn't a person. I don-" Antariel interrupted her,"yes he is! He's a shapeshifter, just like me a Skolris! He was shot in bird form!" Antariel insisted.

    The lady looked at them sympathetically and strangely but went back into her office and picked up a phone and pretty soon her voice sounded on speakers all over calling for doctors. "Please save him." Was all Skolris could think of when they arrived.