Chapter six

Eddie usually awoke with fear or an awful sinking feeling in his stomach knowing he'd have to get out of bed and face his worst nightmares. But not this specific morning. His awoke with a peaceful feeling realizing he was wrapped in Richies arms. Rays of sun beamed down on them through the window. Everything was silent and still. Eddie nuzzled into Richies chest and smiled. He felt all fuzzy. His cheeks were heating up and he could feel his heart beat starting to get faster. In those few seconds suddenly Eddie was himself again. Emotions came in waves to Eddie and at this moment he felt peace and relief like he never had before. He listened to Richies heartbeat for a few minutes before he realized he hadn't had bad dreams that night.

    Of course all that peace and happiness melted away when he realized he had to get Richie home before his mother awoke.
He didn't wanna wake Richie up he looked so peaceful while sleeping but he knew he had to.
Eddie sat up and ran his hand through Richies hair until his eyes slowly fluttered open. Richie gave him a small smile and let out a little giggle before rubbing his eyes.
"Eds could you hand me my glasses?" He said in a raspy voice. Eddie grabbed his thicc ass glasses off the table and handed them to Richie. Richie sat up and put them on his face. He then layed back down and stared up at Eddie.

       "Richie you know we have to get you home right? My mom could wake up any second if she's not already awake." Richie turned and looked at the clock hanging on Eddies wall. "Oh yeah." Richie sounded disappointed as he sat back up. "I don't wanna go home I wanna stay with you today you're the only person I wanna be around anymore." Richie said pursing his lips.

      Eddie didn't know exactly how to respond. Neither of them wanted to acknowledge the fact that they had a thing going on because they had the idea placed in their heads that it was wrong and unclean, but when Eddie looked into Richies dark brown eyes and saw every good thing in the world, he knew that couldn't be wrong. It just couldn't he thought. He thought of the day him and Richie were rolling around in the mud he remembered a feeling that was now very  familiar. It was something he couldn't explain but it was clear as day that it was there. He knew Richie had to feel the same.

     "Maybe we can spend the day together again." Eddie suggested
"But... but your mom?"
"What about her? It's not like she's ever gonna do anything worse than give me a good talking to every time I spend time with you." Richie thought about it. He decided Eddie was right. They came to an agreement and got up to get ready for the long day ahead. Richie and Eddie cracked jokes to each other for about half an hour before actually leaving. They wished they would have appreciated that time a little more.

       If only they knew what was gonna happen that day maybe Eddie would have just taken Richie home. Eddie wished he would have just taken Richie home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note: I've been getting a lot of positive feedback on this fic which I appreciate so much. Even though I still don't think it's the very best I'll take y'alls word for it. Anyway I know this chapter was short but the next chapter will be a lot longer and worth the wait 100%.
-Ray☮️💗

Also this chapter is dedicated to Emily (@/illuminatinglillis on instagram) because she's so sweet and supportive. 💗