Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Rin.

Len and I washed our faces and left my house immediately after. We strolled down the street while examining the little things around us, like the flowers and sparrows.

"Look," I pointed up a tree, "It's a squirrel!"

Len looked up. "Huh," he let out. I looked at him with a frown.

"Your head is in the clouds!" I said, "Come back down!"

"I am not in the clouds, it's just..."

"I shouldn't have done that," I muttered, pushing a lock of hair behind my ear, "Sorry, I...don't know what came over me, Len."

He had just looked so adorable earlier. He still did, and it took a lot of work to keep myself from going crazy. I had always thought that he was cute, but since we never talked, it was easier to stay away. That all changed only a few days ago, and here I was, completely fallen for him.

I knew, though, that he liked me, at least a little. Guys don't seem to get how blatant and open they end up being with their feelings, and how easy it is sometimes for girls to figure out that something's up.

"It's fine," he sighed, pausing for a moment before continuing, "I really meant it when I said that you looked pretty..."

I blushed a little and decided to sit down under the shade of the tree, my back against the hard bark trunk. Len looked down and sat down beside me.

"Thanks," I smiled, putting my head on his shoulder, "You look pretty, too. Just, you know, in a guy way, you know?"

"I guess I do," I could tell that he was smiling.

"Your favourite fruit's bananas, right?" I asked.

He flinched a little. "How did you know?"

I sighed, smiling a little. "I noticed," I said, "Ever since I first saw you, at the start of the year."

Len shuffled and sat up slowly. He looked at me with wide eyes. I liked the feeling of our gazes melding with each other, his cobalt eyes into my lighter, clearer ones. The way his hair fell over his forehead and kissed his eyes reminded me of how I looked in the morning, only much nicer, and a hundred times more perfect.

My hand slid over his and I ran my fingers over his knuckles without really thinking about it. He pulled his hand out from under mine and took my hand tightly.

"I thought you were cute," I said slowly, "But now I know that I was wrong."

Gumi.

I hummed a silly tune as I ran around the park. I did this every Saturday, almost as soon as I'd wake up.

I would wake up at eight on a Saturday morning and then I'd dash downstairs and say good morning to my parents, after which I'd run back up.

I'd get undressed and take a long shower, and maybe contemplate getting a haircut, because it reached down to my elbows and felt heavy when it was wet. Sometimes I'd sit in the tub and do some deep thinking as the water droplets hammered my bare back.

Though lately, I had been thinking about Yuma, which maybe wasn't the greatest thing to think about while in the shower on a Saturday morning.

"But he's so...," I'd whisper to myself before shaking my head.

No, no, Gumi, you're just being a sappy, mushy idiot. Hopelessly in love with a boy in high school.

"...Who also happens to like me," I answered the little voice in my head with a frown, wrapping my arms around myself. I wondered where he was.

"Probably sleeping in," I muttered, getting up and washing myself with soap. An image of a peacefully sleeping Yuma popped into my head, and I covered my face with my hands. It was stupid how much I had fallen for him.

After my run, I walked down the streets, looking around, when I spotted him in an alley. Yuma was leaning against the wall, his face tilted up, slightly skyward.

"Hey," I smiled, walking up to him. I stood in front of him, looking at his deadpan expression.

"Hey," he smiled a little, but that was enough to send my heart into raptures. I leaned forward and hugged him.

"What're you doing in here?" I asked, feeling his fingers run through my hair.

"Nothing," he said, "Just...thinking."

"About?"

Yuma paused before answering. "The music club," he said, putting a hand against my chin and tilting my face up. He kissed my forehead quickly, "We have to decide on our songs."

"Right, the Song of Summer's in less than a month, right?"

He nodded. "And we have to rehearse, too, so there's not a lot of time."

"Do you have any ideas for songs?" I asked.

Yuma shrugged, putting his hands into his pockets. "Probably something that Miku or Kaito came up with. I'm actually thinking of that song, 'Ice,' that Kaito wrote."

"The one about ice cream?"

"That's the one," he looked up at the sky, "Figured it's a good idea, what with summer and ice cream and all."

"Yeah, it could work," I smiled, reaching up and pushing his bangs back past his forehead, "I can't see your eyes."

"You like my eyes?"

"I like all of you, Yuma," I answered.

Yuma smiled to himself. "Interesting," he said.

I frowned and thought about my morning shower. "I can't stop thinking about you, you know," I said slowly, "Even as I took my shower this morning..."

"You're adorable," he said suddenly, "You were thinking about me in the shower?"

My cheeks turned red. "I-I couldn't help it, sometimes I sit in the tub and contemplate stuff!"

"And I popped into your mind?" Yuma was grinning. I crossed my arms.

"Yeah," I muttered, "Is that such a bad thing?"

He laughed and turned towards the street, his hand holding mine. "I'm just kidding. You know that, don't you?"

"Kidding," I huffed under my breath, "Yeah, I knew that."

He was kidding. I wasn't lying; of course I knew that. I also knew that I loved him. I loved him, very, very much.

Call me a sappy, mushy idiot. I might have been hopelessly in love with a boy in high school. If being all that meant that I could spend my time with Yuma, I didn't care what I was, as long as I had him.

Just a heads up: there is a song by Len in the real world (as in, real life) known as 'Spice', and there is a parody of that song by Kaito, and it's called 'Ice.'

However, in this story, 'Ice' is the original, and 'Spice'...well, you'll find out about 'Spice' later, but 'Ice' is an original in this story.

Thanks for reading. Please continue to support me by voting, commenting and sharing. I do read your comments, you know, and I try to reply to them as often as I can!

If you've got friends who like Vocaloids, please tell them about this story.

See you next chapter.