Chapter 101

Chapter 101

Len.

Rin recoiled a bit and gasped as everyone crowded around us.

"Welcome home, Rin!" They all cheered in unison.

Miku snatched Rin away from me and hugged her so tight that Rin appeared to be choking. Thankfully, she let go quickly, only to look at Rin with teary eyes and then hug her again.

"I missed you so much, dammit!" Miku cried into Rin's shoulder. Rin smiled a little, her eyes also brimming with tears.

"I missed you, too," she whispered. Miku nodded, finally pulling away. Then, Gumi jumped her.

"Rin!" She yelled, "Welcome back!"

"G-Gumi, we greeted each other at the airport!" Rin patted her back and Gumi smiled.

"I know, but still!" She pulled Yuma over and instructed, "Shake hands!"

The two shook, and I noticed the slightest hint of a grimace paint itself for a spilt second onto Yuma's face. I noted it quietly, but didn't get to think much about it for the next little while or so.

Kaito suddenly smacked me on the back and I yelped. "You scared me!" I yelled, noticing that he was using crutches. He laughed.

"Like them?" He gestured towards the crutches, "Turns out, Doris used to be a nurse! She had some stuff lying around and lent me these."

"That's great!" I smiled, looking at the bandages wrapped tightly around his forehead, "You scared me yesterday, Kaito!"

"Hey, I'm sorry," he shook his head, "But at least I'm here today, right? That's what matters."

"Okay, who wants pizza?" Meiko hollered from the front of the living room. Mikuo stood beside her, clearing his throat as everyone began clamouring up them for a slice of pizza.

"Line up!" Mikuo yelled, getting everyone nice and orderly, "Geez, you mention pizza and people become animalistic!"

I stood in line with Rin, and we were at the front. Meiko handed plates to us before giving Rin a quick hug.

"Welcome back, darling," she smiled, "Len's been lonely without you around."

I blushed. I never told her that, but I guess it was kind of obvious. Rin looked at me and giggled.

"Well, he won't be lonely anymore!" Rin grinned as Mikuo put a slice of pizza each in our plates. We walked back and sat down on one of the sofas. Oliver came over and sat down on the one opposite, followed by Neru, Mew and Miriam.

"Are you feeling better?" I asked Oliver. He nodded with a half-smile.

"Sometimes, being around friends really helps," he sighed, "Thank you, Len."

"Wait, why're you thanking me?" I frowned, "I should be thanking you!"

"It's like...," Oliver's sentence was interrupted by a loud growling. I looked at Rin, who blushed and turned away.

"My stomach," she whispered. I smiled.

"Come on, Rin!" I said, "You're hungry, so eat!"

She nodded and took a bite of her pizza slice. "Did you seriously plan all this for me?"

Miku approached us while nodding. "Len came up with the idea!" She said, plopping down beside Rin, "And he's got a surprise for you..."

"H-Hey!" I yelled, "Don't tell her that!"

Rin blushed again. "What's the surprise?" She asked quietly. I turned away and fidgeting, prodding my pizza nervously.

"Just wait and see," I mumbled.