Missing or Taken?

No one's POV

After Krestena disappeared everyone worried, including Snape. He may hate her father and dislike her uncle. But she is only a child and looks so much like her mother. Who had been his only true friend along with Lily Evans. Of course Sirius did not know this nor did Remus. Everyone thought Krestena was ever missing or taken by the monster.

Harry and Ron went to see Hagrid under Harry's invisibility cloak. They watched Hagrid get taken away to Azkaban as he said to follow the spiders. They also saw Professor Dumbledore get suspended as headmaster. Making Professor McGonagall headmistress until he returned or she was replaced.

With Fang Harry and Ron followed the spiders into the dark forest. Where they were nearly killed by Hagrid's pet spider's (Aragog's) children. But Ron's dad's car rescued them and Fang. It then left them outside the forest before returning to it. "If Hagrid ever gets out of Azkaban I'll kill him" Ron states. "What was the point sending us in there? What have we found out?" he asks Harry.

"We learnt one thing Krestena was right, Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets. He was innocent" Harry tells him. The next day they visited Hermione telling her what they'd found out, even though she can't respond. "I wish you were here Hermione" he states taking her hand in his own. But he felt something in it and took it out seeing a page from a book.

"This is the reason Hermione was in the library the day she was attacked" Harry states unscrunching the page. "Spiders flee before it, it all makes sense" he tells Ron as they head to Gryffindor tower. "The monster is a Basilisk, a giant snake. That's why I can hear it speak" he adds.

"But hows it been getting around? A dirty great snake, someone must have seen it" Ron asks.

"Hermione's answered that as well" Harry states showing him the hand written word at the bottom of the page.

"Pipes? It's using the plumbing?" Ron asks.

"Remember what Aragog said? About the girl that died in the bathroom? What if she never left?" Harry asks.

"Moaning Myrtle" Ron states just as they heard Professor McGonagall's voice fill the air. Telling all student to return to their dormitories immediately. While asking the teachers to report to the wall where the first attack on Mrs Norris occurred. Ron and Harry got back under the invisibility cloak before heading towards the teachers.

"As you can see, the heir of Slytherin has left another message under the first one" McGonagall tells the gathered staff members. "I worse fear has been realized, not one. But two students have been taken into the Chamber by the monster itself" she states. Harry and Ron look at the message on the wall, that read:

Their skeletons will lie in the chamber forever

"The students must be sent home, I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts" she tells them.

"So sorry dozed off, what have I missed?" Lockhart asks as he appears.

"Two girls have been snatched by the monster Lockhart, your moment has come" Snape tells him.

"My moment?" Lockhart asks.

"Weren't you just saying last night where the entrance to the Chambers of Secrets was hidden all along" Snape tells him.

"That's settled, we'll leave you to deal with the monster Gilderoy" McGonagall tells Lockhart. "Your skills after all are legend" she states.

"Very well" Lockhart states with a charming (vomit worthy) smile. "I'll just be in my office... Getting ready" he tells her. Before he leaves and McGonagall turns back to the rest of the staff.

"Who is that the monster has taken Minerva?" Madame Pomfrey asks.

"Krestena Black and Ginny Weasley" McGonagall states. Before they all left planning what to do next. Harry and Ron decide to go tell Lockhart what they've learnt about the chamber. They found him packing and learned he was fraud. Taking credit for what other wizards had done and is good with memory charms.

Harry disarmed him and they lead him to Moaning Myrtles bathroom. They asked her how she died and she told them. Then Harry examined the sink she said she saw the pair of great yellow eyes to see a snake engraving on the tap. He spoke parcel tongue and the sinks moved revealing a giant hole.

They made Lockhart jump in first and then they followed. Harry lead them through the pipes until they came across a snake skin. Lockhart pretended to faint and got a hold of Ron's damaged wand. He tried to erase Harry's mind, but the spell back fired and caused a cave in. Ron stayed behind with an unconscious Lockhart who could not remember anything. While Harry went on to find Ginny and Krestena.

A/N

Picture above of original message.