December, 2017 (Prologue)

As I hear the sharp noise of the bell, I felt better. History is my thing. And it shall always be. Though the lecture we were attending was completely off topic. Why does history students even have to understand political science?

I looked towards Kevin, as he is packing his bag. His seems more tired and frustrated than I am. It is better for me to not ask anything about the lecture now. His silence explained everything. I got my bag and walked out of the class. Kevin followed me.

"Lincoln, is it the right time to talk about our project?" He asked me, as we headed towards the Hall of Fame. 

Walking past the hallway, its ingenuity always makes me think, can my intellect express such a depth in thoughts and reality? My university is located in the central province of Eastern Germany. History was the peculiarity of this place. Antiquities, artifacts, remains, ruins always attracted my attention. History is so much yet to be discovered, I still believe one small discovery can redefine the Humans and their life style. Living a life in today's world was never my type; where everyone is trying to get a piece of technology for themselves, forgetting what nature has to provide them instead. The peace, prosperity, friendship, love, unity are the words which are seldom used now.

Having a dream of being a Archaeologist, I secured my admission in this beautiful University of Tri-State, Germany. Myself, Lincoln York, a 17 year old kid was in search of something rich and ancient. A relic which would redefine me and my family's name as the family who discovered what would have been unknown to the world, if left untouched.

But little did I knew, that the pursuit for past would consume my future into a void of darkness. A void which even light couldn't help.

"Did you find any topics, Kevin?" I asked.

Kevin is a short, fair-skinned, Asian guy who is brilliant at what he does. Age and attitude being similar to me, we did not take much time to know each other. Though he attended this University just as a means of adventure, since our department conducts various trips to places of archival and classical importance. We became friends the day, he first approached me to help me solve a curious doubt regarding World War I. His answers are always simple and to the point, but they posses a slight reality. He always explains incidents with example. The deeper the idea, the better it can be executed. My keenness to learn and his enthusiasm to explore made us really good friends. It will be 8 months now, since the day I knew him. We always decided to go on a trip to a historical place, but due to some reason it was always cancelled.

Though this semester, we have a group project; To write a journal on any great ancient person, place or a incident. It can be related to any part of the world. And the specialty of the project was, it required details, pictures and all the correct information as per the time line. Any false notations would result in disqualification of the same.

From the past week, the only way we could find to make a project on a greater expense was to re-live the project itself. We were all set to make a journey for a couple of days to any place of such authentic importance. The only question was, which place to go?