Chapter 4: Lessons

Your POV

I woke up on the couch, reminding me of the night before. Shaking the memories from my train of thought, I headed to my dorm and got ready.

Heading back down to the common room, I saw Draco still on the couch asleep and the common room became a little noisy as people filed in.

"Draco it's time to wake up," I whispered.

He turned to the other side so his back would face me.

"If you don't get up we'll be late for our first lesson!" I raised my voice.

"Keep it down!" Draco mumbled.

"Do you really want to get in trouble with Professor Snape?!" I asked annoyed.

Draco didn't reply. I thought of the last resort.

"I'll stay in Slytherin," I said and Draco shot up.

"Really?" Draco asked.

"Gotcha!" I laughed.

"Ugh, Y/n!" Draco whined.

"Well it's the only thing that could get you up," I said and walked to the portrait.

Before I walked out I called out, "Hurry up!"

I walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Sitting down and grabbing my food, I was thinking as I ate.

Do I want to be in Slytherin?

Well Draco seems nice. And he's the only one that's been nice to you ever since you got here.

True, but the "mascot" is a snake. You know I am deathly afraid of them.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't be there.

Fair point. I guess I'll stay. My friend is there and that's all that matters.

I looked to where the teachers sat, Professor Dumbledore was sitting in the middle. I finished eating and I got up to go talk to him.

"Professor Dumbledore?" I started.

"Yes Y/n?" He inquired.

"I have decided I want to stay in Slytherin," I informed.

"Alright, if you ever change your mind come to me. After all the choice is yours," Professor Dumbledore smiled.

"Thank you Professor," I thanked.

I walked off to where I was sitting and as I sat back down I saw Draco walk in with Crabbe, Goyle, and a girl.

"Hey Draco," I called.

"Hey Y/n," He greeted as he sat down.

Crabbe and Goyle sat on the other side of the table while the girl sat on the other side of Draco. Now that I could get a good look at her, she had short brown hair with bangs lightly tanned skin and facial features that resembled a pug.

"This is Pansy Parkinson. She's also a Slytherin," Draco indicated to the girl.

"Hi it's nice to meet you," Pansy greeted with a fake smile.

"It's nice to meet you too," I replied.

We started talking and I was looking for a good time to tell Draco that I've made my decision. Pansy wasn't making it very easy as she was trying to get to know Draco, not giving anyone else time to speak.

"May I speak for a moment Pansy?" I asked politely.

She stopped mid sentence and glared at me, "Go ahead."

"Draco," I started and he looked at me with food stuffed in his cheeks.

He gulped and replied, "Yeah Y/n?"

"I'm gonna stay in Slytherin," I said cheerfully.

He looked shocked. "Really?! I'm so happy!"

He hugged me and pulled away quickly.

"Sorry, I had gotten ahead of myself," He apologized, rubbing his neck and blushing.

"It's fine." I reassured.

I looked towards Pansy and she didn't look to happy when Draco hugged me. Was she jealous?

Anyway, after breakfast we went to our first class, Potions.
•••••
Some time had passed and we had flying lessons with Madam Hooch soon.

We got started and things were going pretty well until Neville's broom got out of control. I couldn't help but feel bad for the poor boy as he finally landed on the grass. Madam Hooch frantically went to his side and eventually confirmed that Neville's wrist was broken.

Madam Hooch started taking him to the hospital wing and told us, "If I see one broom in the air you'll be expelled faster than you can say 'Quidditch'."

Earlier that day, some people had gotten mail and Neville had gotten a Rembral from his Grandmother. The thing is Draco found it and mounted his broom.

"Draco what are you doing?" I asked.

"Gonna let him find it on the roof," he snickered and took off on his broom.

"He's going to get caught," I sighed as I shook my head.
•••••
"Why would you do that!" I scolded as we walked back into the common room.

"I just wanted to have a little fun," Draco answered.

"Ugh," I groaned and I plopped down on a couch.

"Are you done scolding me?" Draco asked as he sat beside me.

I laughed, "Yes I'm done."

"So did you finish your homework?" He asked.

I sat up and replied, "Yes I did. Why you want help with it?"

"A little," Draco admitted.

"Okay then. Library time!" I got up, grabbed Draco by his wrist, and led him to the library.
•••••
"So do you understand the assignment?" I asked after about half an hour of helping.

"I think so. Thanks for the help," He thanked me.

"Anything for a friend," I smiled.

I heard a scoff from behind a book shelf and I realized there were only three people here. Draco, Pansy, and I.

"Is there anything we can help with Parkinson?" Draco asked a little rudely.

"No I'm good," Pansy rolled her eyes.

"Just ignore her," I whispered to Draco.

He rolled his eyes slightly, "Whoa! It's getting late. We need to get back to the common room or else we'll get a detention."

"We don't want that. Let's go!" I agreed, grabbing my stuff and hurrying out of the library with Draco.

After we got to the hall next to our common room I noticed that Draco wasn't with me. I furrowed my brows, confused and I then realized...

"Oh I forgot! I need to help Hagrid in the Forbidden Forest," I hurried and set my stuff down in my dorm and went to Hagrid's hut.