Chapter Fifteen - Galdur

Author's Note: Well, welcome back from a long hiatus. The only good news about future updates is that I have outlined the entirety of Emprise and we are at the (potential) halfway point. I have a thirty chapter plan, and chapter sixteen is nearly done which looks like another update hopefully this week. This is my spring break and I will be incredibly busy once I get back to school, which is kind of a bummer from a writing perspective. BUT FRET NOT. (Oh my god my eye is twitching.) I will do my best to get ahead this week and keep up with everything. Things are going to become particularly clear in the next few chapters, but as always, if you have any questions, please ask them! I love hearing from you guys in any capacity, so keep it up! And now onto the chapter!

SIDE NOTE. If you don't watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (which you totally should!) the agents featured in this chapter are all the members of Coulson's team on the show, and are therefore, canon! Woo!

.........................................

.........................................

Chapter Fifteen - Galdur, or Magic

“Miss Sutton, I’d like you to meet my team,” Agent Coulson says as he guides me away from the outskirts of the room and towards the group of people now getting to their feet.

The first person to approach me is a woman who smiles warmly and shakes my hand enthusiastically. “I’m Skye, nice to meet you...and Thor. Whoah. Okay. This is real.”

“Valkyrie,” I say hesitantly, not entirely sure what is happening. She nods and then steps aside, resuming ogling Thor, not that I blame her. 

“Simmons. And this is Fitz,” says the girl before me, her accent very clearly English.

“Hello,” Fitz greets with a meek smile.

I smile at them both. “Scottish?” He nods. “And Simmons, let me guess, Leeds?”

The side of her mouth quirks up in a smile and she puts her hands on her hips. “Sheffield! You were terribly close. How did you know?”

“I studied abroad in London and had a roommate from Leeds,” I laugh lightly. It’s an odd sort of sense of comfort, but Fitz, Simmons and Skye all seem relatively harmless. It is the next pair that I worry about just at the sight of them. 

“So you’re not from Asgard then?” Fitz pipes up, peering at me over Simmons’ shoulder. 

“Nah, I am a born and raised Earth girl. Well, I mean, technically I am Asgardian and Jötunn, but that’s a rather complicated story,” I correct with a smile.

“Fascinating,” the pairs echoes at the same time. Coulson calls them off gently and Fitz and Simmons scuttle off to join Skye and introduce themselves to Thor before moving closer to Tony.

“And you are?” I ask, taking in the very serious pair left in front of me. The man is tall and extremely fit, his hair and eyes dark, his face very structured. She is smaller and slight, a bit older, and she looks me up and down, her lips pursed.

The man speaks, “I’m Agent Ward, this is Agent May.”

“Great, yes, hi,” I nod at them both, swallowing hard and quite determined to get on with whatever these proceedings are going to entail.

“We have two questions, mainly,” Coulson begins. He lightly touches my shoulder and leads me to one of the couches to sit. I settle into the cushions and Thor slumps into place beside me, crossing his arms over his chest. Coulson sits across from us and the rest of the cluster of S.H.I.E.L.D. agents gather around. Tony hovers cautiously, Banner appearing at his side, looking rather dismayed by the apparent proceedings.