Chapter 16: Does He Know?

"Ro, please just let me explain!" Talon exclaims as he catches the door. I stare stunned for a second before my senses kick back in and I try again to slam the door.

Talon stuck another arm out stopping me. If only I was stronger. I looked up to him glaring. There was no way I could let everything go so easily.

"Go away." I try again to force the door close but nothing happened.

"Have you told him?"

I stopped pushing knowing exactly who he meant, but I decided to play dumb. "Who?"

Talon sighed looking down but keeping one hand pressed against the door. "Jack. Have you told him about what I said at the party?"

I grimaced. Knowing that the longer I wait to tell Jack about Talon the angrier he'll be when he gets home. But he gets home tomorrow and I don't want to spoil his trip. He's doing his thing, living his dream. I'm not going to ruin that for him. At least not yet. "No, I haven't yet, but that's none of your business!" I say pushing again as hard as I could against the door. This time it budged a lil bit.

"Ro, please? Everyone is mad at me. I can't take it if you cut me out too." He says letting his arm droop in defeat.

I couldn't help it. I let go of the door letting it rest there between us. "Tal, I can't do this. I thought we were friends, only friends. I thought you loved Becka and now you've broken her heart. When Jack gets home I'll have no choice but to tell him unless he already knows. I don't want you to face his wrath, but I also don't think that the way you handled things should just be forgotten. That's not how you break up with someone Tal. You were only leading Becka on, and that's not something you do to someone you care about."

Talon scoffed. "And it's okay if you did it to me."

My mouth dropped at his tone. He was accusing me of leading him on when I've only ever thought of him as a friend? We used to hate each other for Christ sakes. "Since when have I ever led you on? My attention has been soley on Jack."

"Maybe that's your problem." Talon mumbled under his breath but I still caught it.

"What did you say?" I asked hoping he'd repeat it.

"Maybe loving Jack is your problem!" Talon roars taking a step closer to me but I'm too angry to be frightened. I hold my ground and place a hand on his chest and push him back over the threshold.

"Get out and stay away, Talon. You're not welcome here anymore!"

I slammed the door in his face. I was beyond angry and I felt tears coming. Everything was messed up and it was his fault. I leaned my back against the door taking a moment to breathe.

I wanted to hit him for saying what he's said. This Talon is foreign to me. I'm beginning to wonder if I ever really knew Talon at all. The guy I know would never betray Jack like he's done or just use a girl for distraction. How can he not feel sorry for Becka?

The guilt I felt at the party when he confessed is still fresh on my mind. I want to apologize for Talon, but Becka told me to keep my distance. And why did I need to apologize for Talon. I did nothing wrong. I let out a growl of frustration and ran a hand through my hair.

Turning I checked the peep-hole to see if he was still there. The porch was empty and Talon's truck was gone.

"Thank God." I whispered to myself.

I left the door and went back into the living room. My phone was where I left it on the couch and I picked it up checking for any messages from Mom, Jack, or Gerogia. There were none from Georgia. She was probably sound asleep still even though it was almost eleven. Jack was busy with training and practice until late tonight. But there was a voicemail from Mom.