Chapter 27: Waiting

Jack's P.O.V-

We've been here all night waiting for news or waiting for Rosie to wake up.

Georgia had fallen asleep on my shoulder an hour ago. I tried to sleep but I couldn't. Instead I stared at the pale yellow walls of the hospital.

I looked over to Matt. He was gunna miss practice because of me. I tried to give him my keys so he could get himself back to Portland, but he refused. I'd only known him for a couple months but he is the most loyal guy I know.

Right now he was passed out next to Paisley and Cole. They all were asleep. Or at least pretending to be. Sleep would be better than this constant waiting. It was like torture. I wanted to go to Rosie, and just sit next to her until she woke up but Georgia, being reasonable for the first time ever, advised me against it. Each time I offered a plan to sneak in she shut me down.

This Georgia was foreign to me. Have I really been away long enough for her to mature. If I missed this much of her life, then how much did I miss of Rosie's.

I let her go. Thinking it was what she wanted. It had to be. Maybe when she wakes up she'll tell me to leave. Rosie might not want me back in her life, but I'm willing to risk her yelling at me if that means I get to see she's okay.

God, I should've been there for her at that party. I should've known that creep Rafe would try something again. He seemed so off when I met him at Toasties. I should've made sure that he wouldn't go near my baby again. I want to kick his ass for what he's done. I don't care if Talon already did, I want to do it again for good measure.

But I couldn't now. After Rosie had fallen off the roof, Georgia sent Cole and Kylar up there to catch him, and make sure he didn't run. The police came shortly after and arrested him for assault.

Rafe's ass is now sitting behind bars, and hopefully he'll stay there.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I carefully pulled it out trying not to bother Georgia. When I had in my hand I looked down at the screen. It was coach.

"Shit." I whispered.

Georgia grumbled as I slid her head off my shoulder and onto the chair. Her eyes stay closed as I stood up and walked down the hall before answering the call.

"Where the hell are you and Matt? You do realize that missing practice will result in you and Matt scrubbing the bathroom toilets until your hands bleed?" Coach yells into my ear. I wince at his tone.

"Coach Willis, I know how bad this looks. But my girlfriend, well I guess ex-girlfriend, got into an accident and she's in the hospital. I'm gunna be here until she wakes up. And as for Matt, he's staying with me. You know how stubborn he is, I couldn't get him to leave." I explain hoping he'll understand.

Coach sighs loudly. He's quite for a minute. I can already see him rubbing a hand over his face.

"If it was anyone but you Vella... you get 3 days of freebies after that I expect you and Matt to be at the rink bright and early on Friday to make it up."

"Yes sir."

Coach didn't respond before he hung up. That went easier then expected. I thought I was gunna have to cover my ass a little bit more.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket and looked down the empty hall. I stole a glance back at the waiting room and at the receptionist making sure no one saw me as I snuck off towards Rosie's room.

When I reached the door I didn't try to go in. I simply leaned against the wall to watch her. She looked like she was just sleeping. The doctors still didn't know when she'll wake up. All they told us was to hope for the best.