8

"The spell is complete. Tristan cannot cross the boundary of his own will but we can enter and leave as we please" Freya looks at the circle of salt and herbs she created while Elijah leans down to look at Tristian.

"I took the liberty of injecting him with hibiscus and mugwort to counteract any vervain in his system. All you have to do is compel him to give you the longitude of Rebekah's location".

"He says he's immune".

"Well then I'll find some other way to make him talk".

"Pass me the dagger, please" The older blonde asks her daughter who nods, picking up an old fashioned dagger

"Will you?" Elijah asks, referring to the dagger which makes her look at her mom before agreeing.

"You're still upset I tortured Aurora without your permission" Freya mutters.

"Oh Freya. I'm obscenely fond of torture. But yes, when I'm entertaining, I like to be the one to choose precisely when and how we violate the guests". Rhiannon scoffs, rolling her eyes at her uncle.

"Fine. How should we proceed?".

"Devastate his body, infiltrate the mind, and steal the information we need. To that end, I've invited a friend". Hayley walks in, with Hope on her hip who the young blonde smiles at

"Elijah. I got your text".

"Unless she's violently teething, I don't recommend this as a daycare".

"Jack's gone and I don't know if he's coming back. I also really don't want to talk about it. So which one of you will take Hope while I take out my anger on this pompous dick".

"I will!" Rhiannon grins, carefully taking Hope from Hayley "Come on, little one". She walks out, holding the small child in her arms and bounces her, making Hope coo happily. Freya then follows, placing a kiss on both girls cheek and walking with them over to the Kenner apartment.

Once they make it there, Freya holds a talisman pendant in her hand and stares out the window while someone enters the place. The woman smiles at the young blonde who is confused.

"You must be the sister, Freya? And this is your daughter?".

"And who are you?".

"Name's Mary. I'm a Crescent. Closest thing your niece has to a great-grandmother. Figure she's napping?". Rhiannon grins at the woman, knowing she somewhat able to be trusted.

"That's right".

"And Hayley?".

"She's across the street helping with a family matter".

"Was that Elijah's idea?".

Freya left to go deal with Tristan and Elijah but Rhiannon decided to stay with Hope, Hayley and Mary.

"You seem different to your family" Mary comments, gaining the blondes attention.

"She's good, truly" Hayley says, smiling at her before turning back to Mary, letting out a sigh which prompts the eldest to say something. "Jack is my grandson. I love him, stubborn as he is. And I know he loves you".

"Then where is he?".

"Drinking whiskey. Chopping wood. Shooting arrows. Gets that way when he doesn't know what to do. And right now, he doesn't know how to help you. Which makes sense, seeing as how you don't know how to help yourself".