Chapter 8

Jack POV:

I wake up with Alex's head resting on my shoulder our hands still intertwined which makes me smile. This boy gives me feeling's I have never felt before. When he told me why he goes to therapy It hurt to much knowing he is hurting and I could tell he felt the same way about me.  I'm careful not to wake him up as I reach over to grab my phone. The time reads 6:40 so I decide to wake Alex up. "Hey Alex you need to get up" I say shaking him gently. He groans and slowly opens his eyes looking at me. His perfect brown hair and his gorgeous eyes are almost always to much for me handle. "What time is it?" He asks sitting up rubbing his eyes. "It's currently 6:42" I say getting up as well. "Shit I was supposed to be home ten minutes ago" He grabs his phone and starts texting his parents and we sit here for a minute in comfortable silence while he does so. 

"Okay my mom says if I it's okay with you I don't have to be home by eight." I smile more than I should but I was just told the one guy I really like can stay for another hour and a half. "I'm okay with that my mom wont be home till ten anyways. I don't know about you but I don't like staying home alone." I say trying to act cool about it. He smiles and gets up walking to the kitchen. "We should probably eat something" He shouts from the other room. I get up and join him in the kitchen where he's looking in the fridge. "Why don't I cook us some Mac and Cheese." He closes the fridge and looks to me with a wide smile. "Really your a life saver" He says and pulls me into a hug. We stay like this for a good minute and it was the best minute of my life. I pull away and grab the stuff I need for the Mac and Cheese. While I make the Mac and Cheese Alex sits and the counter and watches my every move but I don't mind. 

I finish dinner about half an hour later and we sit at my dining room table eating. We sit next to each other just talking while we eat. for some reason Alex is so easy to talk to. I mean Rian and Zack are too but it's just different with Alex. He has the same sense of humor as me and he watches home alone with me. He's everything I've ever wanted in my life. "Jack you still there?" Alex says waving his hand in front of my face. "Oh yeah just zoned out I guess" He takes his hand back to his side and continues to look at me. "I didn't know I was that boring." His smile turns to a frown. I can't tell if he's being serious or not. "Trust me your anything but boring." His smile returns to his face which makes me smile too. 

When we're done eating we head up stairs to my room to waste time till Alex needs to go home. To be honest I didn't want Alex to leave. He is the only person I feel truly happy with. I mean I love My mom, Rian, and Zack to death but Alex is different. I don't know whether it's the fact that I like him or that he's just someone new in my life but he's different. I love how every time he smiles I get those butterflies and I can't help but smile to. But it's not a fake smile it's a genuine smile. Also he's the only person who can kind of relate to my situation. We have both lost someone close to us in tragic ways seeking for someone to come help us and pull us out of the dark. I think I've found that person.

  When we walk in I hear Alex gasp when he sees my poster covered walls and my three guitars leaning on the wall. "Oh my god I love your room! It's amazing" He says looking around taking in every band on every poster. "Well every time I found a new band I like I found a poster  so that I can keep track. and I play a little guitar but i'm not good" I explain.  "I seriously doubt that" Alex says walking over to my bed picking the acoustic guitar up into playing position strumming a few chords. "You play" I ask. "Yeah only a little I've also written a few songs" He says not stopping the strumming pattern he's playing. Of course he plays guitar I forgot he's the perfect human being. "Can you play me something you wrote?" I ask hopping he'll say yes. "I guess none of my songs are good though" He says this time removing his hand from the position on the fret stopping the sounds coming from the guitar. "I seriously doubt that" I quote him from earlier. He smiles and starts strumming chords to a pattern. 

"My ship went down, In a sea of sound. When I woke up alone I had everything" He started. I just look at him wide eyed taking in the amazing boy sitting in front of me. His voice is so angelic and it gives me goosebumps in a good way. He plays the guitar like a professional would which makes me slightly self conscious. "And you can keep all your misery" He finishes strumming a few chords to finish the song. "Alex that was amazing! And man do you have some pipes" I say way to excitedly. "Thanks that one is called therapy. I wrote it after my brother died to cope I guess." I know exactly what he's talking about. After my dad died I started writing songs to help cope with the pain. It's like Alex really understands me making me like him even more. I sit down on the bed next to him and take the guitar from him setting on the bed next to me. I take his hand in mine, I just can't hold this in anymore. I want Alex and I know he wants me. I lean in and so does he and I close the gap. We're both tense at first but quickly relax realizing we both want this. Our lips move perfectly in sync with the kiss growing more passionate by the second. I Jack Barakat and falling completely in love with Alex Gaskarth.