chapter 2

~Few minutes later~

it's been about ten minutes riding on horse back. I giggled, reaching for hanging flowers, pulling them down. I looked to the left of the horse, where a orange-red orangutan put a bright red flower in my light brown hair. 'beautiful human' he signed. I smiled at him, 'thank you for the flower.' I signed back, giggling at the shocked face he had. ' human know sign' he asked. ' I learned from the best' I signed back, yawning. taking one hand off the rein of the horse, Caesar signed ' sleep wake you when we get home.' he signed. I nodded, leaning back against Caesar, letting sleep take me.

~Normal Pov~

Once Annabella was fast asleep, everyone started to question Caesar on why did he want to bring a human girl to their home and who was she. 'will explain when we get home at dinner tonight.' he signed. Soon, they got to the colony. as soon as they got their, Caesar was informed that he is needed at the home tree, for his wife is in labor . before he got off is horse, he asked Maurice to watch Annabella while he went to go see his wife. nodding his head, Maurice went to get Annabella's small body off the horse. once off, a gorilla guard took the horse to the stables. Going to his private quarters, Maurice put Annabella in his nest, making sure she was covered by big leaves. once he was sure she would be warms, he went to see Caesar to congratulate him on having another baby boy.

~Annabella Pov/dream~

'Daddy, daddy. loook at me' i yelled, hanging upside down from the monkey bars in the park. he looked up for a second before looking back to the ground, talking back to whoever was on the phone. I sighed, flipping back to the ground, landing on my feet. I climbed out of the monkey bars and headed to the swings. while going there, a man with red hair and brown eyes went in front of me. 'hello little girl, are you here alone.' he asked, kneeling down to my height. before I could answer, daddy came from behind me. ' hello sir, may I help you' he asked he man, putting himself in between me and the man. ' no sir' he answered. ' but I would like to talk to your daughter for a minute If I may' he asked. before dad could answer, the man ram right into him, knocking him down then grabbed me. I screamed to daddy to help me but he didn't get up. 'daddy!! get up daddy please get up' I yelled. by now, people was starting to surround us, leaving the man no escape. ' get back, I will kill this girl' he said, putting a knife to my throat. the police had been contacted, and was trying to get the man to let me go. all of a sudden, a gun shot ranged though the park, and a sharp pain went though my chest. the last thing I heard was daddy screaming my name, then everything went dark.

I gasped as I shot up, clenching my chest as I felt a sharp pain there. I screamed when I felt hands on my back, but calmed when I heard cooing sounds. I coughed hard, but shivered when I felt and smelt a sticky substance on my hand. I looked up when I heard a alarmed hooting sound. I looked up to see concerned green eyes of Caesar. he started to take my hands, but I pulled away before he could. I whined when another pain ran though my chest. ' what's wrong' Caesar signed concerned. '' my...bag'' I managed to say though the pain. he nodded, rushing to the coner where my bag is. when he got back, I instantly began to dig in it.

I pulled out a needle and a tube of medicine. I put the needle point in the meds and sucked it into the needle tube. I tried to stick the needle in my chest but my hands was shaking to much. '' C-Caesar I need you to do something, i need you too stick this shot in my-my chest so I-I can breath.'' I said. he took the shot from my hand. I moved my shirt a little to revel a nasty scar near the center of my chest. Caesar looked surprise. '' I-I'll explain l-later, Caesar please, It hurts too much.'' I said.

Tears gathered in my eyes from the pain. '' you have to stick me in the middle of the scar.'' I said. he nodded and placed the shot. I nodded at him, and he injected the needle and released the liquid. I squirmed in discomfort as the pain came to a end. after a few minutes Caesar asked if I was alright. I nodded my head, but that was also when I noticed Maurice, blue eyes, a gorilla and a female chimp with a baby cuddled up on her chest.

Looking out of the window that was near me I noticed that It was nighttime. I groaned in embarrassment, pulling the leaf cover over my head. '' what...is...wrong'' Caesar asked, trying to pull the leaf from over my head. '' did I wake you guys up'' I asked, peaking over the edge of the leaf. I heard them chuckling before Caesar pulled the cover off of my head. ' no you didn't wake up, was having dinner when you screamed , trying to wake you up but you didn't' he signed, looking concerned. '' I'm sorry everyone, its not the first time that happed, that was the first bad attack I had in a long time.'' I said, looking down.

The only female came from beside Caesar and sat on the nest I was on. she put her baby in one arm, and reached out her other one to move my shirt a little to reveal the scar on my chest. ' hello my name is Cornelia and I'm Caesar's wife, may I asked what happened to your chest' she asked. '' I-it happened when I was 5 years old, me and dad was at the park. I was on the jungle gyms and dad was on the phone with someone to help grandpa. I tried getting his attention because I was upside down but I couldn't so I just started walking to the swings. before I could get there, a man stepped in front of me. he asked me if I was there alone.'' I paused, feeling tears well in my eyes. I think she saw that because she told me I didn't have to finish. '' no I have to tell you.'' I said. '' to make a long story short, the man tried to kidnap me, but the police came and surrounded him. the man pulled out a knife and put it to my chest, saying he will kill me. all of a sudden, a gun shot ranged though the park and a sharp pain went though my chest. the last thing I heard was dad scramming my name. when I woke up, dad said that I was put in a coma to help the healing process. dad said when I passed out, the guy stabbed me with his knife in my chest missing my heart by inches but punctured my lungs. Ever since, I had trouble breathing.'' I said

'a human did that to a baby human ' the gorilla signed, huffing angrily. 'bad human ' I signed sadly. blue eyes stepped up. ' I got idea, me and ash are going fishing tomorrow, why don't we take her with us too meet everyone before we head out.' he signed. Caesar took a moment to process what blue eyes said. ' that's good, but get back before dark, dangerous at night' he signed at us.

the baby from Cornelia started to clime his mothers arm and onto the ground next to me. '' hello there'' I said to him. he chirped lightly, climbing on top of me. I giggled, rubbing his back. '' what's his name'' i asked 'milo' Cornelia signed. '' he's really cute'' i said. we played for a while, blue eyes joining for a few minutes. i yawned, rubbing my eyes to stop the tears from forming. '' should sleep, everyone looking sleepy'' he chuckled. and he was right, me, milo, and blue eyes probably looked sleepy. milo climbed down from my head to my lap, cuddling in my stomach before falling to sleep. ' why don't we give Maurice back his home and all go to sleep.' Cornelia signed.

I yawned again, nodding my head. i tried to stand up holding milo, but my legs gave out, making me fall down. Caesar came in front of me, picking me up and letting me cuddle in his chest while he said goodnight to Maurice before he left. when we left the hut, a cold wind came, making me and milo shiver and huddle closer to Caesar's chest for warmth. we started walking farther away from the hut, to a tree that had spiral stairs leading up in the tree. several greeting hoots was heard, which Caesar and Cornelia returned. i giggled when some of Caesar's fur tickled my nose, which probably stopped a conversation i didn't know about. i looked up at Caesar, who smiled when he noticed i was looking at him. ' sleepy' I signed, rubbing my eyes. ' then sleep, blue eyes will wake you when time to go' he signed. i nodded, laying my head down on his chest, listening to his heartbeat that slowly lullabied me to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------