prologue

A/N

This isn't a chapter and please enjoy! x

----

Life. It's confusing. It's like a never ending novel that can sometimes, spiral out of control. It's like one second, I've got the guy and everything's great and then the next moment, he's kissed my best friend. There are people who just sit in the audience, and there are people who are the stars of the show. But, there also are the people who will do anything, and I mean anything, to have the spotlight shining right on them. But, in the end, there are the people who you are glad you've met along the way, the people who you hope stay in your life through the ups and downs. For me, there are three others who are important, three others who I not only trust with my deepest secrets, but with my life. And those are my best friends, Sophie, Mia, and Emma.

First, let me introduce myself. I'm Jane. Plain Jane. Nothing really interesting about me. I'm an inside person, and it's not because I rather be inside, it's just that whatever involves being outside, I really suck at. I like writing and reading and tea. Yeah, I sound like an old lady but it's peaceful and I can live like that. I'm a verbal person, so as my role in the group, I lecture, and list the pros and cons of whatever my crazy yet lovely friends think of doing. Did I mention that I may have fallen in love with my best guy friend? Well, that's me, Jane Elliot.

Next, let's meet Sophie. Sophie hasn't been in our group, or circle, or cult, or whatever you want to call it for long. We've only met in the beginning of our year. We knew she would instantly fit in because once Mia asked her if she thought any of the guys were cute and she pointed to a blonde guy who was a year above us. Emma laughed and said that we would be friends for sure. Sophie swims and she has Olympic ambitions. Not only is she sporty and fit, she also has the looks to go along with it. She also is a pro at ignoring the guy who does like her, by being too love-struck for this guy who is three years older than her. She also, is the most experienced in our little circle, if you know what I mean.

Then there's Mia, the ring leader. You don't want to mess with her. She has one hell of an attitude and she sure can flip you off like there's no tomorrow. Even though her confidence can and will overwhelm most, she is a great friend and an amazing person. She will do anything to protect her friends, even if it means hurting someone! She plays sports as well with Sophie. She is the best at getting what she wants, and who she wants. But Mia doesn't exactly know what she wants. Yet.

Last but not least, there's Emma, if any of us is going to be a model, she is the one. She has the best fashion sense in our group. She is brains and beauty, everything a guy wants. But she has the tendency to fall for the wrong guy over and over again.

That's us. You'll meet others from our journey along the way. But for now, we are the only ones to trust, because we are The Circle and trusting us is the only option.

A/N

 Vote if you like it! x