Chapter 6: First Date, First Problems

Sucky Title I know.

Mabel and I left for home with Mabel all dolled up and her nails all long like a wolverine.

"Why do want to be friends with that Gideon kid?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe its because I have a sorta girly friend, you and Soos do not boy stuff all the time," said Mabel.

"What no we don't," I said.

Just then Soos pops in.

"Dude you ready to blow these hot dogs up in the microwave one by one?" Soos asked.

"AM I?" I asked.

Okay maybe Mabel is onto something.

"Jeez Skye, Boys are weird," said Mabel to her Skye plushie.

"What about Chase," said Mabel imitating Skye.

"I told you never to speak of him," said Mabel, "He knows what he did."

Later on Mabel and Gideon are sitting on top of a roof of his Family's Warehouse, while I stand from afar because well, I'm the chaperone.

"Whoa, the view from your family's factory is nuts!" said Mabel.

"Good thing I brought us both some, Opera Glasses," said Gideon.

Mabel grabs a pair and looks at Gideon.

"You got a booger in your nose," said Mabel.

"Oh thanks," said Gideon ad he takes out a tissue and blows into it, "Gross, anyway, Mabel, when I'm up here lookin' down on all those little ol' people, I feel like I'm king of all I survey. I guess that makes you my queen!"

"What? You are being so nice to me right now, quit it," said Mabel as she smacks his stomach.

"I can't quit it. I am speaking from the heart," said Gideon.

"Say what now?" Mabel asked.

"Mabel, I've never felt this close with anyone. So, so close," said Gideon as he strokes Mabel's hair. Which causes me to blow a whistle I kept close to me.

"Back off man," I said.

Mabel says, "Look Gideon, I um...I like you a lot, but let's just be friends."

"At least just give me a chance. Mabel, will you do me the honor of going on a date with me?" Gideon asked.

"Woah, woah, woah!" I said as I walked over to them, "You mean a Playdate right?"

Gideon nods no.

"A shopping Date?" I asked.

"Mmnn. It'll just be one li'l ol' date, I swear on my lucky bolo tie," said Gideon as he fiddles with his tie.

"That's up to Big Dipper," said Mabel.

I started thinking then looked at him and said, "Ummm. Okay, then... I guess..."

"Okay that's a yes for me," said Mabel.

"Mabel Pines, you have made me the happiest boy in the world!" said Gideon as he hugged Mabel.

"Are you sniffing my hair?" Mabel asked.

"Sorry it smells like cinnamon applesauce," said Gideon.

Later on Mabel and I were at the mystery shack as I was helping Mabel with her hair, she got gum in it...again.

"Look Big Dipper," said Mabel, "It's not a date-date, it's just, you know, I didn't want to hurt his feelings and so I figured I'd throw him a bone or doggy treat."

"What? Look Mabel," I said, "guys don't work that way. He's gonna fall in love with you."

"How would you know?" Mabel asked.

"Last I checked I am a boy," I said, "besides someone as lovable as you could get any guy."

"Yeah right," said Mabel, "I'm not that lovable."

"You watch Paw Patrol and still want me to look for monsters in the closet," I said.

"I want to play with Mike and Sully," said Mabel.

I got the gum out of her hair as the door bell rang.

Mabel and I ran to the door to see Gideon on a horse.

"A night of enchantment awaits," said Gideon, "m'lady! And the older brother that has to watch her."

"Woah," said Mabel, "pretty horse"

We then then went to an aquatic themed restaurant.

" I can't believe they let us bring a horse in here," I said as the horse was eating someone else's food.

"Well, people have a hard time saying no to me," said Gideon as he put his feet on the table.

"Ah, Monsieur Gideon! Ze feet on ze table! An excellent choice!" said the waiter who came by.

"Jean Luc, what did we discuss about eye contact?" Gideon asked.

"Yes, Yes, Very Good," said the waiter as he walked away.

"I never seen this many forks on a table," I said.

"And water with bubbles in it? Ooh lala, oui, oui," said Mabel.

"Oh! Parlez vous francais?!" said Gideon confusing us.

"I have no idea what you're saying," said Mabel.

"Neither do I," I said.

Meanwhile back at the shack.

Stan is seen reading a newspaper all angered up.

"Hey, hey! What the jackal is Mabel doing in the paper next to that crazy pickpocket Gideon?" Stan asked Wendy and Soos.

"Oh, yeah, it's like a big deal. Everybody's talking about Gideon and Mabel's big date tonight," said Wendy.

"WHAT?! That little shyster is dating my great niece!?" screamed Stan.

"I wonder what the new name will be for the power couple," said Soos, "Mabideon? Gideabel? (Gasps) Magidbeleon!"

Stan leaves Angerly.

"For the record, Dipper is watching them," said Wendy.

"Yeah, well it ends tonight. I'm going right down to that little skunk's house; this is gonna stop RIGHT now!" said Stan as he left.

"Dude, wouldn't it be funny if that was a closet, and he had to come back out again and go out the real door?" Soos asked Wendy.

Soos checks the door.

"Nope real door," said Soos.

I would like to thank Wendy for that bit.

Hoped you enjoyed the chapter, see you next time.