chapter 3// doctor, doctor

I hop down from the sink and proceed down the hall in hopes of a real bathroom to clean up the cut. The bleeding is beginning to subside but the glass remains deep.

"Shit." I mumble as I fiddle with a locked door after countless tries to find a bathroom. I balance on my one good leg and reach on my toes above the door in search for a key. The cool metal glides against my fingers and I smile in victory. I put the key in the door and twist, revealing an unconscious (and undressed) Matty laying across a bed. I trip on his discarded clothes as I make my way to the connected bathroom.

I lock the door behind me as I discard my shorts and sit myself down in the tub, trying to limit the mess I make. Lying in the cold empty tub has brought me a sudden awareness of the situation I have gotten myself in. In less than a few hours of leaving my life in Lakeview, I have found myself in a strangers house, bleeding and only in my panties.

Odd night.

"Shit" I hear Matty breathe as he tries to open the door. He knocks now, a polite gesture, and I climb my way out of the tub to unlock the door. I open the door to a smirking Matty who is leaning against the frame.

"Glad you've made yourself comfortable. Usually it isn't this easy to get girls undressed in my apartment." He smiles a toothy grin as his eyes run down my bare legs. My skin grows hot in embarrassment and I move to hide myself behind the door. He steps in and pokes my cheek, saying "No need to blush, love. Trust me you're fit". I roll my eyes and he laughs while starting to pull down his jeans. I yelp and look away.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a piss?" He seems slightly annoyed. I push the door open and shut it behind me.

"Finally, a little privacy thank you." He shouts from inside the room. I look down at my leg again and the bleeding has subsided. I hear the front door open and pad to the other room to greet a returning George.

"And your pants are where?" He questions before tossing a box of bandages at me. I thank him and we sit awhile, picking the glass out.

"Well Miss Ella, it is my diagnosis that you are going to be alright. Recovery time is maybe a couple days but until then bed rest for you. There is medicine in the bathroom cabinet, okay?"

"Yes Dr. Daniel. No sticker for my time?" I giggle. His eyes go frantic and he begins to stagger down the hall and I follow behind him. He pushes open the door to Matty's room, where he is sitting on his bed with his guitar in his hand. Matty turns around and his eyes pour into mine.

This guy literally makes me sweat.

"Doctor, doctor!" George yells and runs up to Matty, shaking his shoulders.

"Mate, I am too drunk for this right now." Matty replies, picking up the guitar and playing a few chords.

"But Doctor, this patient here needs a sticker." Matty looks up at me between his curled locks and snickers before getting up and fishing through his drawers. He pulls out a small slip of paper and pads over to where I am standing. With alcohol seemingly fueling his confidence, he presses the sticker to my chest. I gasp at his contact. His touch is hot and lingering, but too soon he pulls away and goes back to his bed.

"Don't forget to come back for a checkup!" Matty says before George closes the door. He leads me to my room and gives me a pile of clothes to change into before saying goodnight. I thank him for his hospitality and he smiles before closing the door.

I strip down my remaining clothing and climb under the gray sheets. I lay there, rehashing the days events, waiting for sleep to come. I pick up my phone and see a missed call from my mom, probably wondering if I had made it to the campus in one piece. I put the phone down on the dresser and close my eyes. As I am finally find myself drifting to sleep, I find myself faced with thoughts of the brown eyed boy with the curly hair.