Part 2/3 - Now she knows

Arriving early Lindsey started for the green room to find out what goodies lay for the evening, stopping in his tracks when he overheard two familiar voices: Don Henley and Joe Walsh.

"...she used to be," spoke Joe.

"Used to be? Stevie could give the best head out of any woman I'd been with; that's the real reason I stayed with her. The sex was fantastic," Don replied.

"I wonder what it'd be like now, probably nothing like then, but she was so damn clingy once. She claims that I was the love of her life and I don't understand it, flattered though, but like you... I only stayed with her because of the sex. I honestly think that's the only thing that woman has besides her music abilities," said Joe.

"It's sad that she's gained so much weight, she used to be hotter than sh1t," implied Don. "That ass though," he chuckled, "...it's not all that  bad I guess."

"Yeah her ass is nice but I can guarantee other spots aren't as tight," laughed Joe.

By now Lindsey was fuming, stepping through the door to Don's dressing room. "Is that what you two do?"

"What?" both men asked in unison.

"You know what I'm talking about, I heard everything! You may want to keep it down a bit in case she was able to hear you! I think you'd do a lot of damage with the nasty sh1t I just heard."

"We didn't know you were out there, sorry," Don apologized. "You'd think we were speaking of your wife or something."

"Close enough! But you two are really something,"  Lindsey began, "...treating her the way you did and then me now hearing what I just heard? Proves you're low lives. I don't want anything to do with you so please stay out of my way, thanks!"  turning on his heel as he went straight for Stevie's room basically in tears.

Karen answered as clearly she was playing guard dog. "She's not speaking, you know this, she never speaks hours before a show."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know the rules but I can speak and I want to see her."

She let him through the door and then Lindsey turned to face the assistant, "Can you give us a few minutes?"

Sighing Karen left leaving Stevie alone with him, Stevie waving with a smile as her hair was up in curlers.

"Hey sweetie," tears running down his face and reaching for her, his love apparent with the gentle caresses upon her back.

Stevie reached for her pen and paper: Why are you crying? What is wrong?

"Nothing is wrong, I just wanted to tell you how much I care for you and always will," kissing her cheek.

Don't lie, she wrote and waved her finger.

"I walked down the hall to head for the green room when I heard Don and Joe talking; they were talking about you..."

???, wrote Stevie.

"They talked about why they stayed with you back then and spoke of your aging."

She gulped and looked down at her hands in her lap, shrugging, giving a look in the mirror.

"You know I think you're beautiful, right?" grabbing her chin to make her look at him. "You know that no matter what you looked like, weight no weight, young or older... I still find you the most beautiful woman in the world and always will."

Stevie reached for a tissue to dab her eyes that were luckily still with out makeup.

"I didn't mean to upset you but I was so damn pissed at those fvckers! I told them what I thought and my only instinct was to tell you how much I love you, that I'd never say anything to hurt you, and you'll always be my heart."