Chapter 3- Movie Nights

Halfway through this chapter a few of you will probably be wondering "wait.. I thought this was a Rodrick x Reader, not Ben x Reader? What the frick frack??" Well lemme tell you to just hold your horses, I'm just developing a little plot here and it'll make more sense as the story progresses.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Rodrick held band practice at his house 4 or 5 times a week, and you had a blast every time. All three of the guys really enjoyed what they were doing, and so did you. Yet another perk of moving: not shitty bandmates.

It was great to have actual friends, especially ones that played instruments. You grew close to Chris, Ben, and Rodrick, and you guys hung out regularly. Friday movie nights became almost religious, and since it was summer, it wasn't uncommon to have Monday-Thursday movie nights as well. 

~~~

It just so happened that tonight was indeed a movie night. It was getting close to the designated meeting time, so you hopped into the family car and headed over to Ben's house. You all tried to rotate through houses, but most often it ended up being yours or Ben's house. Ben's parents were almost never home, and you, of course, had the soundproof walls and lenient parents.

After a short 15 minute drive, you arrived at your destination. You jumped out, locked the doors and headed up the front walkway. You knocked three times on the door, then waited. No answer. You had just raised your arm to knock again when the door swung open. Ben smiled. "Hey."
You returned the greeting, stepping inside. "The other two are already here. Follow me." He led you into the living room, where Chris and Rodrick sat. They each threw a greeting your way.

"So, what are we watching tonight? It better not be another shitty Jaws remake." You said.

Ben sat down, shuffling through a box of movies. "We have Zoolander, Cujo, Caddyshack, Holes..." He trailed of, naming movies at random. You pulled one out from the stack. "What about The Thing? It's really good." You said.
You held it up for Chris and Rodrick to see. They both nodded. "Sure."

"What do you say, Benny?"

"I say don't call me that or I'll smack you. And yeah, let's watch that one."

You chuckled, then went over to the couch that hadn't been filled by Chris and Rodrick. Ben put the movie in, then joined you on the couch. Chris got up and asked if anyone wanted sodas. He returned and handed them out. "Crackin' open a cold one with the boys." He laughed. His laughter was followed by a lighthearted "Pfft, shut up, man." from Ben, and sighs of disappointment from you and Rodrick.

Ben didn't like horror movies much, but he watched them anyways, at least when his bandmates were around. Everyone tried to tell him that if he didn't want to watch them they could just pick out something different, but he insisted he'd be fine. It was a little funny to watch us reactions to the jumpscares, though.

Everyone made it through the first movie, and then decided to watch Spaceballs next. The entire 2 hours was pretty much filled with laughter. And on the topic of laughter, you were a little caught up in Ben's adorable laugh. Dammit. Stop crushing on every guy, (y/n). You mentally scolded yourself. Thirsty (in more ways than one. haha), you got up for a glass of water, heading to the kitchen. You found a glass, and had just begun to fill it up when you felt a pair of hands on your waist. The glass almost slipped from your hand but you managed to catch it, immediately setting it down on the counter. You looked over your shoulder to see Ben, with a smirk on his face. Uh oh.

You found both Rodrick and Ben quite attractive, but in different ways. Ben was cute, and seemingly innocent, but he was really a giant flirt, and very mischievous. He wasn't the type of guy you'd want to date, but you would be down to make out with him anytime. Rodrick, on the other hand, was downright hot. You were closer friends with him than with any of the other guys, though, and you didn't want to risk losing him. You respected him, and felt more of an emotional connection.

"Uh... what are you doing?" You asked in a hushed voice, glancing over at the other two guys. They were fully invested in the movie. "I saw you staring. Were you just zoned out or was it something else?" He said. You gulped, your confidence momentarily lost. You soon found it, and turned to face Ben. One of your hands trailed up to his cheek, the other bracing yourself against the kitchen counter. "I'd say something else."

He leaned in, lips brushing your ear. You shivered. Soft lips left a trail of kisses down your jaw and  neck. Your hands now moved to grab at the fabric of Ben's shirt. "Getting a little touchy now, are we?" He said, then  pressed you against the wall lightly, and you pulled him closer. Your lips were now practically touching, and you took the opportunity to connect them. Ben pushed against you, reciprocating the kiss eagerly.

Back in the living room, Rodrick realized that you two were missing. "(Y/n) and Ben disappeared. I'm gonna make sure they're not taking all the junk food for themselves." He explained to Chris, who nodded in understanding. Rodrick stood up and turned around to search for the two, but stopped in his tracks. His face went red. "Oh shit." Chris heard Rodrick's gasp and turned to look. He was only half surprised at what he saw. "Guys, seriously? In the kitchen? Get a room."

Oops. You had totally forgotten about the other two people in the house. Ben seemed totally unfazed, but you were fighting embarrassment.

Chris looked at Rodrick and grinned. "Dude, you owe me 20 bucks."

Rodrick frowned, feeling stupid. "Damn, that's right. I'll pay you later, I'm broke right now."

"Pfft, sure. I won't forget, either."

"Wait, did you guys seriously bet on this happening?" Ben asked.

"Oh my fucking god." (Y/n) laughed softly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well, it was a bet I pretty much couldn't lose." Chris explained. "I can't believe Rodrick actually took me up on it, though."

"Dude, I thought you were joking." Rodrick replied.

"You still owe me 20 bucks."

~~~

Later that night, after everyone had returned to their homes, Rodrick lay awake in bed. He couldn't get the events of the night out of his head. He told himself it wasn't something to worry about, but he couldn't help himself. When he saw Ben and (y/n) together, he'd felt a mix of emotions. Of course he'd felt awkward, but that's the feeling anyone would get when they turned around to see two of their friends making out in the kitchen. Surprise, shock, those are there too. And there was one more, one he didn't want to admit to himself.

Jealously.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I told you guys it was gonna relate to the plot ;D

Up next: typical "I'm not gay"... "ok maybe a little gay" story arc. Woot.