Chapter 6- Lonely Nights

Hey guys! sorry for no updates for two months! i finally got my shit together and got back to writing, after struggling to find a good prompt. Hope you enjoy! 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Fast forward a few weeks.

You sat on your bed, phone in hand. It's so nice to have wifi again. And to be sleeping in an actual bed. You thought.

 A few hours ago, you had just gotten back from the "Annual Fishing Trip," where you got to spend a week camping in tents with your dad and his two crazy (but lovable) brothers. Slightly tipsy old men aside, you actually enjoyed going fishing, even if the only food you had for those five days was jerky, canned beans, and well, fish. Still, you were glad to be back home, where you had internet access, electric guitar, and had the ability to  finally see and talk your boyfriend again.

Oh wait. You couldn't.

Why?

Because he'd gotten himself grounded, of course. You'd come back to a text from Rodrick (sent two days ago) that read: 

Hey (y/n). Just wanted to let you know that my parents are grounding me so I can't use my phone or see any of my friends for a week. Which sucks because I already haven't seen or talked to you the past three days. Anyways I hope you had a good trip. See you in a while, hot stuff. ;)

You smiled at the last sentence. But, of course, you were pissed that, on top of the five days you already hadn't seen him, you had to wait even longer. With a groan, you flopped onto your mattress. A glance over at the clock on your nightstand revealed that it was 8pm. 

Huh. I guess you can't notice it get dark when you live in a basement.

You texted some of your other friends for a while, catching up on things that had happened while you were gone. Eventually you had nothing else to text about, and apparently neither did your friends. You plugged your phone in and sighed, then rolled onto your stomach. You tried (and failed) to fall asleep. 

How is it possible to be this bored?  You asked nobody in particular.

Another glance at the clock. 

10:24.

Suddenly, you remembered the one skill you cherished almost as much as your ability to play guitar.

Sneaking out. 

Humming to yourself, you threw on a baggy black hoodie and headed for the stairs. You'd memorized the creaky ones, and easily avoided them. You figured your parents were already in bed by now, but better safe than sorry. The living room was your destination, as it had a large window that could be slid open. You quickly put on a pair of shoes, then unlocked the window and made your escape. 

After a short walk, you arrived at the Heffley's house. You scanned your surroundings. The coast was clear. Now you had to figure out how to get up to the roof. 

Of course Rodrick's room had to be in the attic. 

After a brief moment of thought, you walked over to the fence by the side of the house. You got on top of it, then stood up, careful to keep you balance. The roof only came up to your chest now. You smirked, hoisting yourself up onto it. That was too easy. Careful not to walk loudly on the roof, you went around to the back. The roof had two levels, the top having a section that just happened to slope down and connect to the lower roof.  You made you way up and located Rodrick's window. You were perched a little precariously on the roof ledge. A little light shone through the curtains in his window. Good thing he's still up. I have no idea how I'd wake him up without breaking this window if he was asleep. You chuckled to yourself.

You raised your hand to the window and gave a few light taps. You waited. After nothing happened for a little while, you tried again. This time, you saw the curtain being pulled back slowly, and Rodrick's face came into view. His expression went from confusion to slack-jawed in a matter of seconds. It was quite funny, really. You smirked and gave a little wave. 

Rodrick, mouth still agape, reached to unlock the window. You slid it up and maneuvered your way into his room. You dusted yourself off and turned to face him. "Close your mouth, you'll catch flies." you laughed. He did as you suggested, then appeared to come out of his momentary daze. "What-how... Am I dreaming?" Rodrick stuttered. You rolled your eyes and pulled him into a hug. "Nope. I just couldn't handle the fact that I had to wait another week to see you again. So of course I had to sneak out." He grinned and hugged you tighter, then sat in his beanbag chair and pulled you onto his lap. "It feels nice to hold you again." He mumbled against your hoodie, and you snuggled closer. 

Suddenly, you sat up. "Oh wait, I almost forgot."

You punched him in the shoulder. (Not with full force, of course)

"Good job getting grounded, dumbass."

"Ah! Hey, Come on!" He said loudly. You threw a hand over his mouth. "Not so loud!" You whispered. 

"You're the one that hit me! What did you expect?" He whined, speech muffled by your hand. 

"I promise I didn't mean to hurt you. It's not my fault you're a big baby." You smiled softly. 

He huffed, rubbing his arm.  

"Here, I'll kiss it better." You said, leaning in and pressing a kiss to the spot on his arm where you punched him. He laughed, giving you a light shove. "You're such an idiot." 

"Shut up." 

"Make me." He smirked.

"Oh, I see how it is." You leaned in, but instead of going for his lips you went for his neck. 

He groaned. "You tease." 

You smiled against his neck. "You have no idea." 

"Oh, also, you're gonna have a hickey you won't be able to hide without wearing a scarf tomorrow." You added.

"I can't believe you right now." 

"Good, because I'm totally kidding."