Haze - Togafuka (?) oneshot

WARNING! Angst ahead exx deeeee (or not)

AlsO this is set in an AU where they attended a normal high school and they're kinda just young adults now lol

-

It wasn't meant to be serious.

It was meant to be normal for Toko Fukawa to act this way around hot guys, you know?

She'd known there would be no emotion Byakuya Togami would be able to spare her apart from dislike, annoyance and disgust as soon as they met.

She stuck around him to annoy him, and although she knew there was no chance for her, she had no friends during high school and he seemed to.... somewhat tolerate her existence.

God, she sounds pathetic when you phrase it like that...

But that was better than everyone else in her year, who treated her foully and talked behind her back.

Byakuya seemed to take somewhat of an interest in her because of her background history, which she wasn't very fond of. But it gave her a companion, and he didn't ask many questions either - he seemed to know everything about the infamous Genocider Syo. As expected of the intelligent heir of the Togami Corporation.

She knew all this.

She knew all this, and yet...

Toko found herself burning the invitation letter to the wedding of Byakuya Togami and Taeko Yasuhiro, also contemplating burning her entire apartment down.

She decided not to. Komaru Naegi, her best friend, helped her afford a unit. It would also be troublesome for all the other residents.

She sighed. Taeko Yasuhiro, huh...

It was normal for a heir of a big business to be married off to another rich family.

Toko groaned. Why did she care??

Letting out a frustrated growl into her pillow, she fell asleep.

--TIMESKIP OF A FEW WEEKS--

The last few weeks were pretty dull.

Byakuya never spoke to her, his days even busier with his wedding coming up.

Komaru was probably the main reason she didn't decide to jump out of her apartment window.

What day was it again?

Her phone rang.

I don't care.

The ringing stopped after a while and she didn't receive a voice mail.

Toko frowned up at the ceiling. Komaru always left voice mails. Always, without fail.

Byakuya?

She snorted and rolled over on her bed.

Stop overthinking. No way he'd call me now. His wedding is in...

What day was it again?

She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

-

Toko woke up to a siren noise, her head aching terribly.

She stood and dragged herself to her bedroom window, which had a wide view of the city below her.

Many police cars, fire trucks and ambulances zoomed across the street, their emergency lights whirring and sirens screeching.

Such an unholy sound, especially in the morn-