Introduction

What exactly is love? The definition has always been something that Kai pondered. The dictionary states that love is to feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to someone but to him it meant so much more.

In his mind, love meant forgetting the dark thoughts that plague him when in the presence of the one he loves. It meant finding someone beautiful despite their flaws and accepting someone for the way they are. Love is comfortable silence between two people in the darkest hours of the night and it is sweet nothings murmured to each other in the light of the early morning sun.

When you love someone it is impossible to be perfect because perfection doesn't exist. Real love is not without disagreement. Love is staying together through the worst of arguments and accepting each other's differences; Compromise.

Love has always been and will always be so much more than just romantic and sexual attachment. It is looking at someone and seeing the universe in their eyes and wanting to be nowhere else than in their arms. Breathing in someone's scent and feeling like you belong, like they are your home.

That is what love meant to Kai. He favoured the most poetic and raw definitions of love, wishing for nothing more than just so.