The Story of the Ginger sisters

"How did me and Amy not know we were sisters?" I ask, shaking.
"In that children's home, they didn't realise because of your surnames. So they sent you off to different places." Says the Doctor.
"And those places were very near each other because we then met again at school!" I exclaim. "Yes you clever girl. Now, Alice, we are going to find out what happened to you before that. Why did your mum go on to have Amy just a 9 months after you. Did she have an affair?" He asks.
"She's dead." Whispers George, "we know nothing more about her." I agree.
"Right, Alice, we are going right back to the day you were born. In the hospital.  The exact day!"
I'm so excited!

We step through the hospital doors. It's September 6th, 1988, 12:00am. The hospital smells like all hospitals do, of medicine. As we make our way to the maternity ward, the Doctor gets some weird looks. "See? This is where everyone thinks I should be. I'm the Doctor'!" He laughs.
"Do you have a degree in medicine?" I ask, ironically.
"No. not officially" be replies.

As we walk into my mothers ward, we hide behind a curtain. There she is. My own mother whom I've never met. She's ginger, like me, and has freckles. She has huge green eyes that shine bright. She holds a small  baby with red, wispy hair. She whispers, "I will never leave you, no matter what, Alice Cooke. I want to cry but I hold it in. She never stayed. My dad sits next to her, stroking her hair. Suddenly her huge mobile phone gets a message. "I'll read it for you " smiles my dad.
"Who's this man, Bev?" Asks my father, "he's asking when he can see you with three x's!"
My mother starts to cry. I'm shocked. "I'm so sorry Bill. But I'm in love with someone else."
My fathers jaw drops. He looks so hurt.  So am I.  I burst out crying? But the Doctor shushes and hugs me. It's too late. "Who's there!?" Asks my mum, getting up from her bed.