Prologue

"Chara, talk to me," You stated.
"Your target is Alisa Copeland, daughter of Frank Copeland," Chara said, "Tonight she should be wearing a red gown with golden flowers in her hair." "I see her, though their are bodyguards all around where she is." You replied. "As expected, but if you go to the building across the street you should have a clear shot". "Will do", You say as you head over to the roof of the complex. "Are you positioned?" Chara asked. "Almost, she's starting to move." You answer while trying to focus. A minute later you take your shot, "Bull's-eye!" You whisper. You get off the roof and head to your car during the panic. "Step on it Frisk." You say. "You got it boss!" She says happily. You swear she's the only one to keep their innocence in this business. You all meet when you were younger, you were all orphans and we're in the same orphanage together. Frisk, Chara,  and you stuck together like glue.  Nothing could separate you three. When you got older some said you had potential to be better. You didn't understand what the meant til they came to recruit. You three were all taken to a training camp of sorts where they taught you to throw punches, block hits, shot guns, and how to dodge attacks. You quickly became top of your class and we're a force to be reckoned with. Eventually you were able to leave but Frisk, Chara, and you choose to stay together. That's when you decided to do odd jobs for different businesses to get money. You were never really apart of a big group and preferred to stay just the three of you. "Boss were here!" Frisk chirped. "Thanks Frisk, just pull it around the back then come inside." You said. "Boss, you're back!" Chara said with a smile. She was sitting on the couch reading a book. "Hey, I'm gonna go down to Grillby's alright?" You said. "Frisk and I can handle ourselves you deserve a break Boss. " She replied. "Says the one who doesn't go on missions." you say jokingly. "You're the one who put me on mission control!" She said trying to look angry.  "Whatever, I'm gonna go. " You stated on you way out the door. "Bye Boss!" Chara calls after you. You get to Grillby's and walk through the door getting the occasional glances from wary monsters. It's been a while since monsters got to the surface but there is still some tension. The glances don't bother you though because you know if a monster tries to be tough you can knock him down a peg. "Hey Grillby." you say with a small smile and a wave as you sit down at the bar. "What will it be today (y/n), the usual I assume?" Grillby asks politely. "You assume right." you reply. As Grillby goes to the back to get your order you feel a hand grasp onto your shoulder. "Back off buddy I'm not in the mood to fight." You say without turning around. A deep voice laughs "Is that any way to greet a new pal?" It questions.

                   ---- A/N----
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.