Remembering Sunday

I went to a wedding recently and thought, hmph, I should do the wedding from Marina's POV. It also lacked a lot of detail from Alex's because I felt so rushed.

*

Marina's POV:

I was in a large seat. The curtains of the bridal suite were slowly floating in the breeze. I felt my hair with my palms pressed out, as my nails were still wet. I looked in the mirror. It made me giggle. I looked like such a goof with all my hair in the large curlers. Bright and gold.

Emily sat beside me in her blush colored dress. It caressed her baby bump much more gracefully than the others. She was a seasoned mother, this being her third pregnancy, so she held herself with confidence. The makeup artist was working on her at the moment. She couldn't help but smile. Everything was so light. The foundation was just a powder, lip just a light pink, a flush on the cheeks, and some mascara. She didn't even look as though she had makeup on. She took everything so gently, as though it were in slow motion. She shook her left hand lightly to readjust her gold bangles. The colors I chose were blush, gold, and little hints of mint blue. That was the color of all our nails.

Colby was getting hers painted. "God, it's fucking boiling in here. Are all the windows open? Can somebody send Luke to get me a glass of water?"

Kianna whipped out her phone, and began texting. She was mid-hairstyling. "He said he'll be here in a moment. Is that okay, Marina? Will having a guy in here fuck up the vibe?"

"Not at all. There already is one, in your belly." I said. And Emily's as well. I saw the garden from out the window. Just beyond those bushes of buds was the portcullis I would be married in. I was trying not to talk about it, for fear of making myself nervous, but I wanted to. I cracked. "Guys, is it too soon? Alex is about to be my husband. That's going to feel so different."

"It doesn't, Marina." Emily turned to me. The makeup artist had just closed the pallett. "Nothing felt different with Zack. I would occassionally still refer to him as my boyfriend out of forgetfulness, for the first few months."

"I concur." Kianna added. "Tony isn't even my husband. He's just that dude I'm with."

"But things are different with Alex and I." I looked at my mint blue and gold striped nails. "We date. It's what we do. He's my boyfriend."

"That's total bullshit and you know it." Kianna scoffed. "All the times he called you his wife when he ordered pizza. Whenever either one of you went to the hospital and you would lie and he was your husband, just to get in. You're more ready than you know."

Luke rushed in before I could say another word. "I brought you a tall glass of iced lemonade and a fan." He went to his girl. "How's the belly situation?"

"I feel so weird! My feet hurt like hell. Why did I choose heels?" She whined.

"I may have a solution." I said, getting up and rummaging through my bag. My nails were dry enough by now. "Thank god we're the same shoe size."

I set my gold, t-strap sandals under her chair. "Thank you so much."

"Thank you for being my bridesmaid." I smiled.

There was a knock. "Who dares disturb us?" Kianna shouted.

"It's Lydia." She asked.

"Come in, come in!" I anxiously ushered.

You remember Lydia, right? A friend stemming from Emily who is a justice of the peace, and she marries everyone. She opened the door, and took a seat on the ottoman in front of me. "How are you feeling?"