☀︎Seven

I dedicate this chapter to vibrantwrites- and chilloutjayyy! I can't thank y'all enough for your votes and comments on this story! I can tell you're enjoying it, and as a writer, that makes me so happy! Thank you so much for the love! 😩😭😍☺️

"pars una familia testimonii"

SKYLAR woke up with a smile on her face as the memories of last night flooded her mind.

"You got somethin you need to confess, sis?" Andrea asked, sitting up in her bed and crossing her arms.

Skylar sat up as well and laughed, "No, Andrea! Devin came over last night to apologize for threatening to take DJ and being such an asshole the past few days. He said he wanted to present a united front at our big family meeting today and start doing right by DJ which means doing right by me, too."

"Well isn't that sweet. Devin doing what is expected out of his grown behind," Andrea replied, rolling her eyes in an unfazed manner, "You still haven't mentioned why you're smiling like you have a real good secret or somethin."

Skylar scoffed, "I thought it was really great of him to initiate that conversation!"

"Yea, but remember, your first time getting mad at him in the history of knowing him was literally 24 hours ago, so you are always going overboard," Andrea so quickly reminded her little sister, "So, back to the issue at hand. Please don't tell me y'all had some salacious sex somewhere in this hotel."

Skylar bust out laughing, "No, we did not! But we might've almost kissed again outside the door."

Andrea rolled her eyes. Skylar was affected by the smallest of things when it came to Devin. At first she wrote Skylar's behavior off as her being young and Devin being her first. But, at this point, as long as her feelings had stayed around, she knew they were destined to be together, she just didn't know when, especially with a child already in the mix who they needed to learn how to co-parent.

"Wait, did you say again? Like, you and Devin have already kissed? Skylar Grace, what gives?!"

Skylar cursed under her breath, not realizing that she'd admitted to that with her last statement. She'd meant to keep that to herself to avoid a lecture that she knew she was about to get.

"Um, well, I told you about the night Devin came over after I ran into him with DJ, and he forced me to tell him that DJ was his..."

"Duh?! Anddd...." Andrea responded with annoyance, leaning forward with her eyebrow raised while waiting for her sister to hurry up and spill the tea already.

"I might've left out the part where we fell asleep because I cried a river in his arms for so long. Which somehow led to us sticking our tongues down each other's throats the next morning. We didn't have sex though. I stopped it before we could go all the way there."

Andrea sighed. She couldn't really understand why their chemistry was the way it was, but she wasn't doubting it. Skylar was normally the picture of self-control in every other area of her life. Devin is the only one who has seemed to challenge her in that area. Hence why her cute nugget of a nephew currently slept peacefully in bed beside his love-crazed mother.

"Look, all I know, is y'all betta tie the knot before you end up giving Devin, Jr. a sibling. And even if y'all haven't tied the knot, you betta have some birth control for your birth control. Also, one day, I wanna know what really went down between y'all at UK because I've never seen you so caught up, sis," Andrea responded.