2 - The day after

Next morning when Rita woke up, she surprisingly felt much better as compared to last few days.

May be it was due to Jenny's counselling last night or may be her pills had finally started to work.

She glanced at Jenny who seemed to be in deep sleep.

She was living in Jenny's house since her nani's demise as she no more wanted to live in her own home. It made her feel more lonely and depressed. It wasn't same without her nani.

Jenny's parents were often out of country for business ventures. So, she insisted Rita to stay at her home as long as she wanted.

*****

Rita got up from the bed and walked towards bathroom. She quickly brushed her teeth followed by bath.

She wore formal dress for interview. After changing, she sat in front of mirror to comb her hair.

She stared at her reflection. Their were faint dark circles under her eyes, still she thought that it wasn't that bad. She knew that she didn't had model like features, but her doe-eyes and sharp nose, often got her compliments. Her height was average and her figure was neither very thin nor  bulky.

Often she wondered how her mother and father would have looked. On some days, she missed them terribly, especially when she was in school and other kids parents came to school to pick them up or drop them. She could see how happy they seemed in their embrace.

"What could she had possibly done so wrong, for her parents to leave her on stairs of temple to die?" This one question always irked her.

But, nani's unconditional and pure love gradually erased all these thoughts from her mind.

*********

She applied concealer under her eyes. It did hid her dark circles. After getting done with foundation, she applied kajal. That was one thing she would never forgot.

With quick spray of her favourite perfume, she gave one last glance at herself in mirror. She liked what she saw.

Afterwards, she ate two breads along with a cup of tea. That was her usual breakfast these days.

She went to Jenny's room to check on her but she was still asleep.

Such a bear she is!

Rita rolled her eyes at her friend before whispering bye, near her ear to which Jenny replied in half sleepy voice..."Byeee...All the b-best my tigeress" before  returning to her dreamland.

*****

A/ N:-
I know its super short. Sorry for that.
But, thank you...whoever read it, vote it or just simply added my book to their reading list. Its really a big thing for a newbie.
My book reached #22 ranking in horror genre. I really don't know how Wattpad ranking works..as I am still learning. But.. I am very happy. 😄
Lots of love.