24 - The end/ New beginning

"Rita.... please open your eyes. Can you hear me.." A familiar voice asked.

She slowly tried to open her eyes but everything was hazy. She again tried and this time, she saw her love, Raj's face whose hair was completely disheveled, while his eyes were surrounded by eyebags. His face lit up as he saw her conscious.

"Raj....what... are..you..doing... here? You...should not...have come here. Its too dangerous. Please leave." She pleaded as she felt lump in her throat.

"Listen Rita....I am not going anywhere. What had happened here? Who did this to you?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.

"Raj...I am fine. I-I will tell you everything....but... first promise me that you will listen to it calmly, and will believe me." She said as tried getting up.

"Okay okay, I will but first let me get you some first aid." He said before he walked towards her kitchen and grabbed first aid kit. For next few minutes, he carefully cleaned and dressed her wounds and bruises which were visible.

*****

"Now....tell me everything from start...and don't dare to leave anything..." He spoke moment he got done with her dressing.

"Hmm...It all started when I shifted in this flat." Rita narrated everything as Raj kept staring her, his eyes wide.

"...and then, I burned all the mirrors." Rita concluded her story.

"Oh God Rita! Honestly, I wouldn't have believed it, if I didn't knew that you will never lie to me." He said with his eyes full of love and admiration, for his girlfriend.

"I know Raj....its hard to believe. I myself have ignored it initially, but that was my mistake. By the way...how did you came here? I mean....umm....you know na what I am trying to ask..?" She said.

"Yes....actually, your building's guard saw smoke coming from your flat's window around four in the morning, so he called at your intercom. When you didn't answered, he came upstairs and knocked at your door. After few minutes of knocking, he suspected something was definitely wrong and then he broke down the door, with help of other people and got inside. He found you lying unconscious on the floor. After extinguishing the fire, he ranged me and thats how my love, I am here in front of you." Raj smiled.

"Oh...I will definitely thank him later. But, how come he had
your number?" She asked, confused.

"Actually, last time when you fainted, I had got very worried about you and so, on that day only, I have given that guard my phone number, in case of emergency since you didn't knew anyone here. I also knew that you will never tell me, even if you were in any problem and see, how it actually helped you today." He grinned.

"Seriously Raj, I don't remember now how many times I have thanked you, since you came in my life." Rita admitted.

"I will accept your thanks only if you start taking care of yourself and promise to stop hiding stuffs from me."

"Promise...promise." Rita giggled before getting up and hugging him.

" Rita giggled before getting up and hugging him