Chapter 16

Our lives were getting better with Shane in the picture. I could tell a big difference in my siblings. Lulu knew more karate or how Shane called it 'Self-Defense you won't use until you're in imminent danger' .... Yeah, Lulu won't listen to that

Zoe was now a decent driver, he doesn't struggle with Tyler and he's a good Peter Panda Dancer, my sleep now better and for what I heard of Seth, his play is going perfectly.

And for me?

I'm not angry. Is a big chance and people at school, specially Mary had seen it. My anger had made myself be unfocused from school and now I felt like a decent student.

Speaking of which.....

"I had an A on my last calculus test!" I jumped up and down excited, meeting Shane outside on the tables. My grin the wider I had ever made since I fell no more anger.

Shane raised his eyebrows, impressed "I told you you were a good student"

My grin grew wider if possible, "Principal Fletcher told me that I could graduate, Shane" I said bitting my lip, "Murney had told me I couldn't because of my violent behavior and picking up fights, but Ms Fletcher said that won't be a problem. My grades are up and since you stepped in on my Management class, things are going great!"

Shane couldn't help but smile at my excitement "See? I told you you could do it"

I stepped forward and lunged at him, wrapping my arms around him, "Thank you, thank you. Thank you. I mean it" I told him seriously. Shane patted my back, a soft chuckle leaving his lips as I pulled away, "Now, I have to get back. They're giving us information about Graduation Day. I have to get my tickets" I smiled

Shane nodded, "Go ahead. You deserve them"

"No, my family deserve them. To see me accomplish something they thought I would never do" I smirked, backing away and returning to walk to class, my grin fading away.

Why was it that on this times I thought about dad? The man I seriously hated? Ugh, Lex. Don't think about him. Don't think about him or you'll throw all your success to the trash

~8~

After school, I made sandwiches for Lulu and her troop before they came. Everyone had noticed a big advance on my class and we were given this day free from management class and I was glad.

Besides that it was grocery time, and there were food that Shane didn't know my siblings liked and I wanted to help get it.

Once we arrived Costco, I looked at Lulu with a small smile, "Need some help, lil' sis?"

Lulu smiled shaking her head "No, we have everything in control"

"You sure? Cause if those kids bother you again... All of you. I won't be afraid to kick their asses" I said seriously.

Lulu chuckled "If they bother us. Shane thought us to defend ourselves, remember?"

I nodded slowly. Not only had he taught the Fireflies to fight, but me and Seth as well as we had asked him... and by ask, we meant puppy eyes.

It was fun to see a Navy Soldier melting with those expressions.

"Alright. Shout or scream if you need help" I said walking inside going for Shane. "I swear I'm so proud of Lulu" I told him walking around the aisles, picking up food. Shane nodded as we picked everything.

Once we were in the line, something in the security cameras caught my eye and my jaw dropped in amusement

"Shane" I called without taking my eyes from the TV, hitting his arm repeatedly. He turned to me and I nodded towards the TV "My little firecracker of a sister is now using what you taught her"

His eyes widened and he pulled away grabbing the cart and walking away quickly. I followed him quickly, finding Lulu and the Fireflies looking smug at the other troop of boys that always bullied them.

I smirked, proudly. "Well done, Sis"

Shane shot me a look, which I shrugged innocently

~8~

Smiling with the Fireflies as they sang all the way out as I tapped my fingers on my thigh at the rhythm of their song.

I chuckled as Shane as well joined their song. I clapped smiling.

It was a good day indeed.

~8~

A/N: Short update, I'm sorry guys. Working on the next chapter but I didn't want to let you hanging. Hope you enjoyed it