chapter 18

Okay, don't panic Lexi. Don't panic! I said don't, damn it!

Murmuring under my breath and mind frantically didn't help at all as I tried to clean up the entire living room.

Mom was coming!

"Snap out of it, Plummer" I snapped at myself, looking up and taking a deep breath. I indeed had missed mom even if I had tried to trick myself into believing I wouldn't. All anger directed at her was gone, having realized none of it was because of her, I only had found her an easy target to release my anger on her, bad I know. It made me feel guilty and I wanted her to show her I wasn't angry anymore. That I loved her and I was getting better. Our family was better and all thanks to a Lieutenant Shane Wolf.

Wow.... I never thought I would have been saying this of a stranger of the family. I'll admit. It felt good having someone like him in our lives.

A smile played on my lips as I picked up a remote control, pushing the play bottom and pointing at the stereo in the living room. Music starting to blare loudly making my smile wider as I picked up a broom

~8~

After a whole morning of teamwork we managed to clean up the entire house, hanging a big cartel in the dining room welcoming mom home.

On the parlor, tickets for Seth's musical play and my graduation were on a small table so mom could see our achievements.

I was cleaning up Peter passing a brush through his hair, tickling him a few times so he could smile. Zoe was with Tyler while Seth and Lulu got ready.

"Kids!" Shane called out, peeking his head inside the toddlers room, "Your mom's here, Lexi. Go downstairs and play the music" he commanded

I straightened up, mocking a salute, "Yes, Sir. Yes"

Shane's lips quirked up slightly before he disappeared behind the door, going to knock on my siblings' bedrooms.

I picked up Peter, running down the hallway and stairs laughing with him as I placed him down on the floor.

"Peek-a-boo" I sing sang, making him cover his eyes not moving. I stood up and turned on the stereo on one of the songs of Seth's musical and looked up with a grin at my siblings coming down the stairs.

Zoe with baby Tyler on her arms walked closer to me, smiling as she nudged my arm. I hugged Lulu and passed a hand around Seth's back placing my head on his shoulder.

The door opening caught my attention and we all exchanged a grin, Shane grabbing the stereo's remote control as finally mom came through the frame connecting the parlor with the dinning room. In one of her hands she held a ticket for Seth's play and one for my graduation in the other. Her expression was one of love and awe seeing our home intact.

Shane turned down the music, turning to face mom

I could feel myself smiling at my mother widely and my eyes tearing up. God, I missed her. "Welcome home mom"

Mom breathed deeply, running toward us and it was all it took for us to run and meet her half way, intercepting her hug and transforming it in a big group hug. She kissed each one of us and strangling us almost to death specially to the younglings. When it was my turn, I didn't want to let go, hugging her tightly almost not letting her move. She returned my hug gladly, whispering in my ear she missed us all with all her heart. I apologized deeply for all the trouble I ever caused her.

It was a nice reunion, the seven of us finally together. It was my small family but one I loved with all my heart. This will be the start of something new.... And, yeah. I shamelessly quoted High School Musical, sue me... It's a great movie.

Nothing could stop us from this happy moment.

Well, something could....And it was in the name and face of our not-so-nice Chinese neighbors

Ugh. I always knew asiatic people with the looks of Mrs Chun wasn't someone trust-worthy. Well, this is what happens when you keep your mouth shut, right?

Her cookies were the worst.    

~8~

A/N: *Shamelessly whistling innocently, avoiding looking at people*

So, yeah. I had forgotten I still hadn't finished this story. My bad. And sorry. I promise I will finish.

I hope you like this book and little Miss Lexi Plummer. If not, it's alright. I don't expect people to like her. She's a...*gets an angry expectant look from Lexi* little ball of sunshine. And my first try in the whole writing movies things-not including twilight as that counts still as a book-.

Hope you liked it and I promise I am going to end this story. If you liked Lexi and you want me to write more stories about any other movie, I accept suggestions. I'm an easygoing person to talk to. I don't bite nor hex :)

*~Love, De~*