Chapter 5: A Midnight Dream

*WARNING* 

Excessive cringing moment to be expected, and the first time I tried to write something even remotely like"romance". So, plz cut me some slacks if it turn out bad. 

Two weeks has passed since the day he arrived at Naval Base Davidson. The situation of his fame gradually faded away peacefully. Nobody would really care for that kind of event when they got something more important on their hand to deal with in a naval base. Just because of one cocky kid who saved an entire naval base, Yuuji name been circling among the top brass and the recruits. Yet, his fame did sparked a new kind of competition among his group. Ugh, the pain of just the thought of dealing with both recruits from boot camp and officer from OCS make his mind blown.

PAIN IN THE ASS! 

Besides having the rising tension in every exercise/drill and a workload of training from OCS to fulfilled, everything else would fall under the category of normal activities from day after day. By normal, he meant the usual of roasting and increase exercises from Heather. Definitely the occasion was increased that may had something to do with him making her feel her worst embarrassment moment yet. Also, there were rumors that he going to get some special privilege, but that just rumor and nobody going to believe those stuffs anyway.

And, his Siberian Husky dog, Shiro, managed to found it way all the way from Lancaster. Her presence at the naval base was nothing but spectacular. She caused much havoc when the guards found out a domestic dog was sniffling around in the base, and gradually jumped on Yuuji during his training. Much later got chew on by both his drill instructor and the headmaster. Later, he discovered that Shiro indeed go all the way from his dad home from Lancaster. His old man claimed he has no idea how the dog get out of the yard, and started went missing for two weeks straight.

At least, he got to keep it because the place didn't applied any rule of having an animal for a pet.

"Haaz... I am beat!"

Tim instantly sprinted for his bed as soon as he entered the room, and flopped his entire body on the bed sheet with his head dug deep into the pillow. Yuuji walked behind him slowly, and closed the door. He would have acted the same as his friend, but he was too tired to have a burst of energy out of nowhere.

Yuuji slowly sit down on his bed, "At least, this is what better than a normal barrack. We got our own room to sleep in."

"You're right. Well, I'm shutting myself in the next 10 seconds. See you tomorrow."

"Okay... then I see myself going out for the night."

Baffled by what Yuuji proposed, Tim arose from his sleeping form and sit up to face his friend, "Wait, what? At this time? You know that is against the rule and get you a lot of trouble if anybody find you out sneaking out during the night."

"Yes, I don't know why, but I'm feeling I need a walk and some fresh air. See ya."

"Sure, good luck."

"Well, this is strange. You not stopping me at all?"

Tim crashed onto his pillow again, "Yeah, I would, but looking at how you determine on going. I'm not going to stop you. If anything happen to you, I'm not the one to blame."

Sneaking wouldn't be huge of a problem. Yuuji conducted multiple escape operation during time at his home, and the dormitory in college. Also, it might be a good chance for Shiro to take a walk. First, he and his companion easily passed the carefree guard from the barrack. Second, sneaking among the shadow to avoid the MP patrol wasn't something out of the ordinary. It felt like he was in an Assassin Creed video game. For some reason, the tactic he used years ago was working wonderfully. It more effective then he imagined like the God was helping him or some natural force doing the work. The only problem would be the camera positioned around the area, but nothing to worry about. He believed the guard on duty right now would bored to his death.