Chapter 4 - Why

By the time we were out the classroom and on the way to lunch, Ron asked me once again. I replied "I asked him about my dad, and--" I froze as I just realized. My dad looked a lot like Harry. My mom looked a lot like me, which means. . . . No, it can't possibly be true! Harry and me?! I'm a Winterfell! Lily, Harry's mum, is an Evans! Where would they get my surname if it wasn't real?! My hair?

Ugh, so confusing! That's it, I'm gonna go to Dumbledore after classes, and gonna give him a hard time trying to send me away! "And what?" Ron asked.

"And he just sent me out the room, and he sounded concerned to be honest! I mean, he did say 'You might be late for class.' and that is what you call concern!" I became frustrated at Snape once again, and for some reason, Ron shuddered a bit. "It's a bit chilly this morning, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I get what you mean." Harry said, and he rubbed his hands then exhaled on them. "What d'you mean? It isn't chilly so much, stop being babies!" I rolled my eyes. I had a really bad temper, and now they are about to taste my full wrath if they keep on whining.

"Harry, I suggest that you don't do anything that will anger Shard right now, she's in a bad mood." Ron whimpered, stepping away from me. "Why?'' Harry asked.

"Because I have a short temper, that's why."

Harry looked at me strangely, "Shouldn't you be able to control your temper, Shard?"

I snorted, "I don't want to."

******

I went to Dumbledore's office and said "Lemon Drops" to the gargoyle blocking the door. Once it jumped out ofthe way, I knocked on the door even though I was itching to just slam the door open. Once a faint "Come in." was heard, I stormed off to Dumbledore's desk and sat on one of the chairs.

"I understand that you have a question for me, Miss Winterfell?" he calmly asked, seemingly not disturbed by the fact that I stormed in.

I hesitated for a bit, then said "Yes. I-I want to know if. . . Harry is my brother."

I expected it to surprise him, but he wasn't. Not one bit! I continued speaking, not awaiting his reply. "I found out because I found a mirror, and it reflected me, but my parents were there along with me! What more is that I look a lot like Mum, and Harry looks a lot like Dad, except for the eyes. I already know the answer, but please, please tell me the truth. Is Harry Potter my brother?"

He sighed. "Yes, he is." Tears of happiness poured out of my eyes, but after two seconds, I became confused. No, I didn't feel angry that Aunt Molly never told me the truth, because I already understand their reason. I was confused because "Where did I get my hair? Is it because of my powers? What happened?"

"Shard," I was surprised since he called me by my first name. "Let me tell you something about your mother. You do know that she is Muggle-born, correct?" I nodded my head.

"Once, she was out walking with some friends when there was a duel between two wizards in the middle of a street. Many paused to watch, and she tried to guide her friends away from danger. But then,

"A freezing spell was deflected by the first wizard. It didn't vanish, it only bounced off. To her surprise, it hit your mother. It should have freezed her, but she only fell unconscious. Many memories were wiped, and the two wizards brought to Azkaban. She was sent to St. Mungo's to recuperate and the damage to be undone.

"Let's just say that it had a somehow . . . unique effect. She should have died, but it only affected her by making her hair white and having powers of ice. Even though some mad wizards have attempted to kidnap her and make her a lab rat, she was protected and kept safe. She was given an antidote which will erase the effects of the spell, or so they thought."

'Or so they thought.'? Why?" I asked.

"It had only stayed hidden, it was still inside of her. It means that it can how itself once more when the time comes. Then she married your dad, and you and Harry were born. The spell transferred from Lily, to you." Professor Dumbledore smiled, trying to assure me that it was okay.

"So it is a curse." I said. "But I'm glad that it's a remembrance from my mother." I smiled, then hugged him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you very much, Professor. Thank you for telling me the answers to my questions. Even though I am quite a bit angry, I understand everything. If Voldemort knew that I had a unique ability such as this, he could hunt me down and that's why it was kept a secret." I smiled. I always found a way to understand things, and unlike the Weasleys, I'm not afraid to say Voldemort's name out loud.

"Thank you, Shard for understanding. Now, I believe that you were supposed to meet up with Mr. Wood and your brother today?" Dumbledore said while my face went pale as I remembered. "Holy shiz, I forgot! Bye, Professor!" I exclaimed as I put a charm on my face and then ran out, Dumbledore chuckling in his office. Before I touched the knob, however, Dumbledore said "Miss Winterfell, or Potter," he corrected himself when I raised an eyebrow jokingly at him. "Please find another victim of your hexes."

My eyes widened, and I ran outside, muttering "I swear, that guy has eyes everywhere."

3rd Person

Shard ran through the halls, then to the Gryffindor common room, then to the girls' dormitories. Hermione looked up from her book, then asked "What happened? Why're you in a rush?"

"Quidditch practice. Very late already." was all she said, running off to change. She decided to wear a sweater (not the ones Mrs. Weasley makes) and some jogging pants. She ran outside, where she saw Harry and Oliver Wood, Oliver teaching Harry about Quidditch.

Oliver was now currently struggling with a Bludger, trying to put it back on the box. Once Harry caught a glimpse of me, he said "Come on, Shard! Help me out over here to understand!" he whined. Shard grinned. "He's really eager today." she thought, then ran to join them.

All the time she was thinking "That's my brother."

.

.

Yehey I updated. . . . . nothing to say here but please vote and comment! ( (/// 3 < ) )

Update 08/17/17 - Words cannot express how hard I am cringing right now. I just added in a bit of bratty Shard in there, but aside from that, no major changes. Thanks for putting up with me, guys <3