Chapter 34

Blue guy.  That's what's in my head when I woke up in the hospital room.  I called the nurse who was checking on me.

"Yes? May I help you?" she asked, smiling.

"Why am I here? What happened?" I asked, dizzily.

"They said that you suddenly collapsed out of nowhere and they found this shot to your arm. Oh and your friend's waiting for you." she showed me a dart and pointed at a girl who's sleeping softly at the sofa then I realized that it's Nikki.

"Thanks." I smiled at the nurse.

"I'll be back, I'll just tell the doctor that you're up."

"Psst. Nikki!" I whisperly shouted.

"Later, mom, a few more minutes." she rolled over.

"Nikki! I'm not your mother, I'm Cathy!"

"Cathy?" she jumped up, rubbing her face, "What happened to you?! Who in the world did this to you?"

"I was suspecting that 'blue' guy." giving the "blue" an accent.

"Who's 'blue' guy?" she said, imitating the accent.

"That person who keeps on sending me threats about hurting my family if I didn't come here on Ireland."

"What?! Why didn't you tell us that? We could've changed our flights or place."

"I don't want anyone to worry." and you wouldn't care anyway.

"But. How? Why?" she sighed.

"Don't ask, by the way, nice hair."

"Huh? Thanks. Yours too."

"We need to get out of here."

"I know, we still need to find Tiffany and Maureen."

Oh yeah, I forgot about that already.

The doctor came to check me up and gave me the results.  Looks like I was drugged.  Could this be the same person who got Tiffany and Maureen?

"Doctor, I need to go now." I called the doctor.

"Hm. Are you sure? Your results are bad, you look bad. In short everything's bad."

"I don't care."  Does he have to insult me like that?

I paid him without even knowing how much it'll be and took off, dragging Nikki behind me.

"Hey!" the doctor shouted.

I ran as fast as I can, I took the stairs to lessen the risk of being caught.

"What happened to you?!" Nikki shouted from behind while trying to catch up.

"We need to go."

I opened the back door and stumbled to an isolated alley.

"Where are we?" Nikki panted.

"I don't know, maybe somewhere behind the hospital."

There were metal fences in front of us and the opening was blocked by a gigantic waste disposal.  It reeks here then suddenly we heard voices.  I summoned Nikki to keep low and quiet.

"Did you get that rich chick already?" the first guy asked.

"Not yet but I got one of her friends." the second guy said, lighting up a cigarette.

"We don't need her friends! We need her!"

"Yes sir." the second guy scrambled away.

"Stupid." he mumbled then phoned someone.

"Hello, boss." he said then listened to what his boss said.

"Yes. Blake got someone else, not the rich chick."

"Rich chick." I whispered, "That must be you."

Nikki's eyes widened, "How did they..?"

We tiptoed our way out the alley then Nikki suddenly stumbled over a metal trash can.  I predicted that the guy turned around and shouted "hey!"  We ran as fast as we can, "Niks, go the other way!"  She nodded.

I went left and she went right.  I continued running, I bet that guy can't recognize us anymore but something proved me wrong.  I heard Nikki shouted using her high-pitched voice which she rarely use.  Shoot.  There weren't any people around here, it was a very hidden place.

What should I do?  Ran after them or..?

-Cathy Collins, 17 years old