Chapter 3

•SIMONS POV•
I went to Clary's after and discussed the strange things me and Rafa had experienced. All she was to say was 'Why was Rafa in your bed?' I went quiet and made a 'believable' excuse. I think.....
Clary was obviously not completely over me. I felt terrible after that although that could've just been the hunger.
Suddenly Raphael burst into the institute drenched black voided blood that spread all across his face and chest. There was a gaping whole in his new black John Varvatos shirt and a wound that was healing slower than usual.
I ran over to the injured vampire without haste and shouted out for Magnus. Magnus was with Alec when he heard me and quickly shoved a dressing gown on and legged it down to us. He was crying at the thought of his in biological son in agonising pain and dying. I was lay next to Raphael as Magnus grabbed a book that had loads of symbols and letters that I couldn't understand and started chanting.
'Aku Cinta Kamu, Aku Cinta Kamu, Aku  Cinta Kamu...!' He chanted over and over again until the hole in his defined chest finally healed. There was a sigh of relief that rippled throughout the room but many didn't want to show their relief.
I was trembling still but as he slowly opened his eyes, my fear decreased. I hugged him then realised that everyone was around. When I'm with him, everything else doesn't matter. It's just me and Raphael. I looked round to Clary who was tightening her fist and silently crying. We made eye contact and she walked away. But we all knew that she was in love with Jace the whole time she was with me. I was blind to the truth, and it was so obvious...
I must protect Rafa and my friends from the raveners and whoever is working with them. I won't let anyone else get hurt or worse.