The Watchmaker 06

"My name is Sally, nice to meet you." Sally shakes the man's hand.

"Hello, my name is Jake Palmer. You found the note written by Brent Richardson, am I right?"

"Yes I did, it was hidden beside a painting. He said he was in trouble for some reason. How can we help him?"

The man, over 6 feet, looks down at Sally.

"I'm afraid it's too late. Time has almost run out." The man says. "I would like the note though."

"How can it be too late? For what reason would you like the note?"

"Brent Richardson was a friend of mine, I never worked here but came and visited a lot. I even bought my watch from here." He flashes his black and gold Goldwish.

"What does that have to do with the note?"

"You see, the note could also help us."

"But you just said-"

The man brings his head to Sally's ear, and whispers.

"You better give it to me, or we will have no time at all."

Sally pushes the man away. "What a waste of time" she mutters, turning to Mr.Bridge who was fiddling with a watch.

"The note, and we can save him." The man says.

Mr. Bridge herd the man and immediately lifted his head. "Save who?"

"I found a note, in the wall besides the old pocket watch poster."

"Can I please see it? I can help. I didn't the owners but I knew they were good people." Mr. Bridge pushes his black shades to the bridge of his nose.

Sally wasn't sure if she should. Why would a note possibly be so interesting?

"Why?"

"Because it could help with the investigation."

"Then ill go report it to the police station." Sally says, pulling her car keys from her back pocket.

"No. The police don't know the information I do." Jake Palmers faces Sally and her boss. The words were loud and clear.

"Then report it, if its such important information, It can help with the case." Sally replies.

"I can't."

"Why not?

"Let's just hurry up before we're out of time. Come with me and bring the note." Jake turns around and walks directly to the exit, Mr. Bridge watches Sally leaving.

She didn't even say if she could leave, but Mr. Bridge didn't mind.

He smirked and laughed. "If she only knew what time could do."