Time to Wake Up

Time to Wake Up

PRIDE. ARROGANCE. IGNORANCE. JEALOUSY. HATRED. EGO.

These are all a part of human nature, but they dont DEFINE US. They dont make us good or bad individuals, OUR own choices, OUR own intentions, OUR own actions make us good or bad, loved or hated, sweet or bitter.

These characters however take us TOWARDS Allah or AWAY from Him since these characters INFLUENCE our intentions and actions.

Remember that its satan who creates misunderstandings and hatred. Its his attribute, his character.

The Prophet (pbuh) said: "Iblis (satan) places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments (for creating differences between people); the nearer to him in rank are those who are most notorious in creating misunderstandings and differences. One of them comes and says: "I did so and so." And he says: "You have done nothing." Then one amongst them comes and says: "I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife." Satan goes near him and says: "You have done well." He then embraces him" (Sahih Muslim and narrated by Jabir Ibn 'Abdullah).

Keep ur heart and ur soul clean from such disgusting characters, the characters of satan. Because pride, ego, jealousy, hatred and ignorance are mans undoing.

So when ever you feel these characters engulfing you, remind yourself that THESE same characters were satans undoing.

"And (remember) when We said to the angels: 'Prostrate yourselves unto Adam.' So they prostrated themselves except 'Iblis' (Satan). He was one of the jinn; he disobeyed the command of his Lord" (Quran, Al-Kahf: 50).

"....And they prostrated except Iblis (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allah)" (Quran, Al-Baqarah: 34).

Satan said, "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay" (Quran, Al-Aaraf: 12).

So be or atleast try to be the best person that you can be. I know its not that easy, and i also know that we lose ourselves in our messed up lives and somehow change from being that innocent little kid to a frustrated adult.

But remember the biggest example of a person who went totally and utterly astray because of satan is Firaun (Pharoah during the time of Prophet Musa (Moses)).

Satan is THE whisperer in surah Nas verse 6, " The evil of the whisperer. "

Satan is a whisperer who whispers evil into the hearts of man.

A Heart which remembers Allah often is free from satan and his whispering, but when the Heart forgets to remember Allah, then, satan takes a step inside our Heart.

Firaun called himself, God, called himself Lord. He was arrogant NOT humble, and that became HIS downfall.

We might not call ourselves God or Lord, or Kind in today's era, but we do call ourselves 'King of the house, King of my territory' and what not.

Lets not be arrogant. Lets us RISE and not FALL into satans trap.

Allah knows that this world is not an easy place to live in. And Allah also knows that at times life gets messed up and leaves us frustrated and broken and hurt and feeling hopeless.

But isnt that because WE have made so many more goals in our life like buying this, getting that, owning a luxurious car or a villa and what not, and in these we have forgotten our main goal ' PRAYER, REMEMBRANCE OF ALLAH'.

It is we who have made this life difficult for ourselves because even though we have what we NEED we still aren't satisfied with it and we WANT MORE and then, when we cant get it we get frustrated and heart broken.