22: Madara's Intentions

Aiyama slowly began to move her limbs slowly feeling that she was on some comforter. Then her eyes shot open remembering what had happened.

Her wrists were tied with blue chakra. She couldn't channel any chakra through her. She was angry to know that she had been an idiot to get locked up.

"You're awake..." Madara eyed her from the outside. Her throat went dry as she pushed back away from the bed hitting her back against the wall. She brought her knees to her chest in fear of her punishment. Her bound arms were in front wrapped around her legs. She didn't say a word but Madara instead opened the cell door.

Her heart thumped more as he approached her. She didn't want to see him. She felt ashamed again. Madara tried to kneel down to her but she glared at him.

"You may not want to forgive me... but I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those words. Please-"

"I know..." she whispered as her head looked up to him. Truth on her part, she was madder at the village's decision than Madara's harsh words about Izuna that day.

"I want to go back..." she tried to hide her face away from him. Madara found that he was being too soft on her now. He knelt next to her to get Aiyama to look at him. Her eyes grazed over his slightly. "Your home is here." He tried to remind her yet again but she shook her head.

"I hate this village. This war is useless. Takigakure fights for their rights. The Leaf is serving the Daimyo's crucial plan for obstruction." Aiyama felt herself lower more but Madara's eyes didn't falter. He didn't know what she was talking about. He only ever met him twice.

The first time was discussing about making an alliance through marriage. He didn't like the stuck-up daughter he had so he declined the offer. The second time was when Madara, Hashirama and the Daimyo were making plans for the start of the village.

"Iwagakure is fighting against the same problem, but with the Land of Iron's corrupt Daimyo spreading death through the nations and overspending tax money on awful causes." Aiyama looked down while avoiding Madara's curious gaze.

"I'll talk to Hashirama about this." Madara didn't move from his position but sat next to her. He was glad that it seems like she forgave him.

"Where are Lira and Kahiko...?" she remembers how they were involved. Madara's gaze lowered slightly. She was looking at him awaiting the answer. Madara himself doesn't really know who they are and assuming the only possible answer there is.

"Dead... I think."

It was like her heart dropped to the pit of her stomach. She didn't know them for long. And she felt guilt rise in her chest, Izuna killed them...

She wouldn't forgive him. She just wouldn't. She shook her head and felt dizzy, but Madara gripped her shoulders tightly.

"I made sure that you weren't harmed. I only cared about your safety. Don't blame Izuna now... I won't forgive them for what they sealed inside you. A disgusting Tailed Beast for the matter." Madara growled seeing her flinch at his tightened grip.

"Should have killed him. I could have taken over your body heh heh." Chōmei was now laughing. Aiyama scrunched her nose up from his statement.

"What will happen to me?" Aiyama asked Madara who was now holding her close to him.

"You are to be watch until you gain the village's trust again." His voice was stern and serious. She took note of the consequence of her actions. She would rather return to Takigakure if she doesn't have to face her brothers once again.

"Aiyama!"

Hashirama's loud boisterous voice was heard. He entered the room and Madara jumped up from his spot while his friend hugged his sister.

"Please don't ever leave again!" he was nearly crying and Madara sweatdropped.

'Seriously Hashirama?!' Still not saying anything he held an emotionless expression.

"God Aiyama. You're so reckless, if it wasn't for Madara's affection towards you then he would have probably killed you." Madara squeezed her side seeing her face change.

"Affection?"

Madara looked embarrassed and tried to change the subject but Hashirama pushed him aside.

"He lov—"

"HASHIRAMA!!" Madara almost punched him in the face, but Aiyama stopped him even though her hands were still bound in front of her.

"What the hell is with the commotion?" Tobirama was irritated as he walked into the cell. His eyes landing on his sister. He couldn't put forth how he felt at that moment.

"Oh nothing," Aiyama brought her hands up; still bound although. Acting all innocent.

"The elders would like to speak to you." Hashirama grabbed her arm to drag her away before seeing Madara's saddened gaze one last time.

Aiyama was nearly yelping from her brother's ironed grip on her. Tobirama followed in pursuit. He wanted to know what is happening with his sister at least. What happened in the last month.

As they entered another room. Hashirama made her sit in front of the six elders. Tori, Gurin, Toroshi, Ameri, Haku and Renju.

"We were informed about your absence... we can't afford to have this happen again." Toroshi implied seeing her change of emotion from phlegmatic to irritable.

Truth be told, she didn't want to be apart of the Hidden Leaf. What sickens her is their affiliation with the Daimyo. Their secret trade deals and what they discuss in the backgrounds.

"We need to punish her!" Tori shouted to the others. Seeing them nod in agreement. They were right after all. Aiyama licked her pale dry licks while her head hung low.

"She is young and stupid, what else do you expect." Ameri glowered her gaze on Aiyama. She hated to be in their presence. She knew that the elders were rude either way.

"We should tie her down to a man who can look after her." Toroshi glared and saw the others were agreeing.

"Please, not that madman Madara again. He isn't the one for this young woman." Gurin waved her hand in front of her face. Hashirama wasn't saying anything while he let the elders decide this.

"Really? That's her punishment? I think not!" Tobirama shouted as more anger engulfed him. The elders rolled their eyes at the young man. He didn't want his sister to marry and not to that Uchiha for sure.

"We can't lose her again. Besides she is young and beautiful. She needs a husband who would look after her." Renju implied seeing Aiyama glare harshly at him. Hell, she doesn't want a man that's for sure.

"Now we're thinking of possible suitors. We need to think more about the potential threat to the Leaf." Hashirama says causing an uproar. The elders were taken back and were causing a fuss.

"We'll not send her out again. We'll have the ANBU surveillance her." Haku more likely ordered it.

"So what's her punishment?"

"We'll give her a book of potential suitors for her. She may decide on her own. Also, she will not be able to leave the village. She is going to be stripped from her title as a shinobi." Gurin says seeing the shock look in Aiyama's eyes. Hell, they are right, Madara would be a terrible suitor again let alone the last incident which caused him to break the engagement.

"S-Stripped...?" she couldn't believe she won't be a shinobi anymore.

Lastly, she would rather someone who would give her some freedom. Someone who was nice and caring.

She now thought about starting over...

But can she?