Luna x Slytherin reader: Protecting her

You helped Luna pick up all her papers. The Ravenclaw students were complete bullies. You were in Slytherin so you've seen your fair amount of bullying but man the stuff that they do to Luna is terrible. You picked up her notebook and handed it to her as she picked up her last book. You glared at the girl who knocked her things over as her and her friends walked away quickly while snickering. You were considering running after them and saying a few colourful words, you may or may not have also wanted to throw a few punches but that was defiantly not going to end well so you stayed with Luna.

"You don't need to help me. I'm used to this daily." Luna said with a gentle smile on her face. It hurt your heart to see her give up like this. You gave her a small smile back but couldn't and wouldn't promise anything in terms of not helping her again. You wanted so badly for her to stop getting hurt by the people in her house. It was bad enough that she had to sit though classes with them but she had to spend the entire evening and night with them, too. That's how you got your genius idea.

"Luna, how would you like to stay in the Slytherin dorm for a bit?" You suggested. You were fairly good friends with almost everyone in your house so you assumed no one would snitch. She could probably just take some spare bedding and sleep on one of the couches in the common room or something but at least it would be better than having to spend all night sleeping in a room full of bullies and assholes. Luna's eyes brightened at your suggestion and she nodded her head enthusiastically.

After dinner that night, Luna followed you and your friends back to the Slytherin dorm. While you, her, and all of your friends were hanging out in the common room, Luna got a few weird looks, more confused than judgmental but it still made your blood boil that no one would accept her. She seemed so mesmerized by the luxurious yet harsh look of the Slytherin dorm. You have been inside the Ravenclaw dorm before and it was really fitting for the students of that house, bookshelves from the floor to the ceiling, lots of little corners and places that can be used as reading nooks. Seeing such a pure innocent small cute girl who needs to be protected in a cold and unwelcoming room was odd. She was a little ray of sunshine in the large and dark common room. You had been staring at her, smiling and laughing, as she talked with your friends.

"_________, is that true? Did you actually blackmail a teacher?" Luna asked you and took you out of your trance-like state of admiration as she giggled. You assumed that one of your friends mentioned something about it. You nodded and felt a bit embarrassed by the story being told to her, but you honestly didn't care if it meant seeing her look so happy. She took a sip of her tea as she continued conversing with your friends. You were glad that your friends were getting along with her so well and you could probably easily incorporate her into your friend group. She was sitting right next to you, almost leaning on you, almost giving you the affection you wanted from her.

~~~

When it was time to actually go to sleep you didn't know what to do. Of course you had a vague idea of sleeping arrangements but nothing was a solid plan. All your friends had already gotten into their beds but you knew that there would still be people up in the common room so you couldn't exactly let Luna sleep there. You were thinking of what to do while sitting on top of one of the sinks in the bathroom while Luna was brushing her teeth.

The room was so quiet that when the tube of toothpaste fell to the floor it made you jump a bit. It had landed right in front of the sink you were sitting on. Luna bent down and picked it up, staring right into your eyes as she got up. Normally eye contact was a no-no for you but with Luna it didn't feel weird, which was odd because everything about Luna was weird. It just felt natural. Your eyes occasionally drifted down to her lips and you could tell she was doing the same. For a second it seemed like Luna was going to make a move, but then she just stepped back and continued brushing her teeth.

"I'll see you back in the dorm?" You asked as you put a hand on her arm, rubbing gently before walking off without an answer.

You were sitting on your bed, waiting for Luna to walk in. You heard the door creak open and Luna was standing in the door frame wearing pink and grey striped pyjamas with her hair tied up in more inventive way. You smiled at her as she walked over to you.

"So, I can sleep on the floor and you can take the bed if you'd like, just hand me a blanket and I'll be fine." You smiled as you said so, knowing your back would not be happy with your decision. She thought about it for a second before shaking her head, giggling slightly. You have her a confused look as she pushed you back onto the bed, crawling in next to to you right after, both of you facing each other. Luna wrapped her arms around you in the same way a little kid would hug their teddy bear. You both giggled a bit as the two of you got into a position you were both comfortable with. She kissed your cheek in a hurried shyness and whispered to you as to not wake up the others in the room.

"Goodnight ________."

"Goodnight Luna."