Merula Snyde x Hufflepuff reader: on one term

"Wow another Merula x reader" yea yea fuck right off I know I've got a problem but this one was requested so y'all can calm down if you want something else then request it and I might get to it

Merula Snyde x Hufflepuff reader

"Shut it mudblood before I-" Merula was towering over a cowering Ben, her gang standing right behind her. When you saw this you dropped your books and rushed over, standing between her and Ben. She gave you an annoyed look, rolling her eyes and sighing as you stood there. You stood your ground, your face contorted in anger. Angry wasn't a natural face for you but you couldn't help getting mad when your friends were being treated unfairly.

"Awe (last name), sticking up for your friend? How nice." Merula said with a mocking smile. You said nothing to her and just got your wand ready and got into fighting stance. Merula noticed you had your wand out and just laughed, turning around and starting to walk away.

"So are you going to leave Ben alone?" You asked, trying to sound as agressive and intimidating as you possibly could. Merula turned back around to look at you, raising her eyebrow.

"(Last name) the mudblood can speak for his own. You don't need to be his guard dog and his voice." Merula laughed at her own joke, happy that she had practiced snarky remarks in front of a mirror in her free time. When you didn't reply to her she left and you turned to Ben, hugging him and making sure he hadn't been hurt during Merula's tormenting. Ben assured you that he was fine and that you didn't have to help him out and you you smiled sadly at him, wishing he would stand up for himself more often. You walked with him to his next class before walking to your own. When you got to potions you saw Rowan and Penny sitting at your regular table, waiting for you to arrive.

"Sorry. Got caught up with Merula drama." You said while taking your seat and putting your books down on the table. They both gave you concerned looks and asked what happened. "She was bullying Ben and I stopped her. I don't understand why she's so... so terrible."

"I don't know. I don't think it's her fault she acts like that." Penny said. Rowan shrugged and nodded in agreement but you stared at her in shock. "Well I mean there's the pressure to act like that that's put on her by her family and by Slytherin. She also seems like she's only doing it to be cool. I mean come on right? She's dressed like a complete edgy rockstar. She's trying to be cool for sure." Penny continued, giving a brief explanation of her reasoning. You reluctantly agreed with her. It did make sense.

You saw Merula not long after, passing her in the hallways. You were trying to avoid a confrontation but Merula was clearly prepared to fight. She didn't have her gang with her so there was no one for her to impress, so when she started talking to you you rambled on, trying to reason with her emotional side that Penny had brought to light."

"Okay, I know that I'm the last person you want to talk about feelings with but it's been brought to my attention that you think that being cruel to people is the way that you will get popular and get attention and while the attention thing is certainly true it's not the kind of attention you would want to receive. I know that it's probably also because of the social pressures of your past and that come with being a part of Slytherin but I'm really hoping that you could look past those and be true to yourself rather than cave into said pressures. Also you smell really nice today." You barely took breaths during your small speech. Merula just stared at you blankly for a few seconds.

"Are you fucking done?" She asked, but she didn't seem annoying. You nodded and waited for her to continue. She looked like she was trying to think of what to say in reply to your little tangent. "It's... too complicated to just pull some dumb shit and be myself like some sort of fucking shitty children's book. But I wouldn't be completely opposed to stop harassing your friends on one term."

"And what would that be?" You we're happy she would be willing to change her ways though you were suspicious of how willing she was and of this term of hers she would be proposing.

"We become friends. We hang out and stuff and I could talk to you, like genuinely, like stuff I wouldn't be able to tell any of my current friends." Merula said, seeming to be genuine in her request. She knew that you weren't the kind to spread gossip and that she wouldn't be able to tell her feelings to her Slytherin friends so as silly as the proposal sounded, you knew that it was what she needed, some friend therapy.

"Need me to walk you to your next class, friend?" You said giggling and hugging her excitedly.

"Alright, lets not get too ahead of ourselves." She awkwardly pat your back, then pushed you off when she deemed the hug to be going on for too long. The disgusted face she was putting on didn't hide the fact that she was blushing. You linked your arm with her's and walked with her to her class, getting weird looks from anyone who knew you two who saw you walking in the hall together. Merula surely seemed to like the attention the two of you were getting. When one particular person looked at you two completely in shock, she got even closer to you, grabbed your arm even tighter and gave them a huge smile as you two passed by.

"Would you like to hang out with me during our next hogsmead trip?" You asked when you got to her class, standing in the doorway, unlinking your arm from her's.

"I would like that very much." She said, copying your formal tone and smiling at you. You quickly kissed her cheek, making her gasp slightly and turn as red as a tomato.

"I'll see you then." You said, walking away while giggling. You waved at her while you were at the end of the hallway. She waved back at you before going into her classroom.