Prologue

It was just another hot sultry day in Santa Carla, the Murder Capital of the World

In the Eighties Santa Carla was a bit of a morbid gem in the vampiric world. A hot spot for all that wild and free "youth gone wild" subculture that made the decade what it was. Costal California towns were always a big draw for everything that goes bump-in-the-night and since the Golden State was and still is predominantly vampire territory, things were always rather interesting.

As the Undead like to say, those were the days!

They like to say that a lot. It gets annoying. Very much so.

During that time I was just your average girl-next-door. With the whole big bouffant hairdo, pink knitted leg warmers, god-awful earrings, and tacky oversized sweaters. It was the Eighties. The rule of thumb was the more the colours clashed the higher the fashion sense. 

I am also a Prima. A bonafide 22nd generation Italian strega, on my mother's side.

There are genuine witches in the world. Loads of them all over the place. But then there is us. The Prima Family. One of many but we are the Italians and we aren't all potion brewers and spell casters. My family falls under just about every supernatural category you can possibly think of and then some.

With one exception of course. There are no vampires.

Ever.

Remember that. It's important. Because what kind of introduction would this be without a little foreshadowing?

Now I am here to set the record straight. What record? The boys' record.

You know them as The Lost Boys.

A pack of wild teenage punks who lived for the thrill, didn't give a damn about anything, and ended up getting the literal stake from a bunch of kids because they could not see it coming.

I will admit that much is true. But that is not the full story. The movie that was made focuses solely around a small fraction of what actually went on. Sort of like painting a wall-sized fresco with only two colours of paint.

A lot of stuff got left out. Now I do not think that the writers would have minded the idea of a spoon-wielding witch putting foot to ass along with four killer head-banging vampires but they had Hollywood to contend with. Tinsel Town's movers and shakers had a different ideology on what a female lead was supposed to look and act like and I sure wasn't it.

I mean, look at Star.

So I am going to let you in on the before and after of what really happened to David, Dwayne, Paul, Marko, Star, Laddie, and Max.

The Lost Boys movie is pretty solid with the basic facts. The Emersons came to town, the local vampires got annoyed, a video shop owner had a serious hard-on for a recently divorced mother of two, Star messed up big time, a bunch of male teenage angst, and an old guy who could not have been bothered with the drama that ensued.

As for the rest of it well get ready. You are about to discover how four guys were dealt the joker's card and ended up paying the price for something that they should never have gotten themselves involved with. Whoever said that the Boys were nothing more than cold-blooded murdering monsters without a shred of conscience thought or feeling, I'm looking at you Frog Brothers, doesn't know his ass from his forehead.

They were more than that. So much more.

I should know because I was there.