Mission Invisible and The Truth is Out

“This is ridiculous.” I told Adam and Chase as we waited for Bree and Leo to go through Perry’s bag check. Chase and I were leaning against the lockers, our hands laced together, while Adam stared off into space.

We watched as Perry searched through Leo’s bag and pulled out his cell phone. “Ah ha! Cell phones are a violation.”

“I think you sticking your hand into my backpack is also a violation.” Leo retorted.

“Planning on texting your girlfriend in class, were ya?”

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” Leo answered, somewhat sadly.

“Yeah, well, now you don’t have a cell phone either. Buh-bye.”

Leo grabbed his bag off the table and walked over to us. He had a frown plastered on his face, but I knew how to turn that frown upside down.

“Leo, where did she put your phone?” I asked my best friend.

“In her back pocket.” He gagged. I nodded, unlaced my fingers from Chase’s and quietly walked over to Perry. This wasn’t the first time I was doing this so I knew what to do.

I slowly reached into Perry’s back pocket and grabbed Leo’s phone.  I ran back to the guys as fast as possible, tossing Leo his phone in the process.

“You’re the best.” Leo said, hugging me. I chuckled and hugged back.

Suddenly there was a gust of wind, followed by Bree appearing in front of us. Leo screamed, causing me to jump. I put my hand on my chest, recovering from my heart attack.

“Morning boys and Alex.” Bree greeted, a smile on her face.

“Seriously, can we put a bell on her?” Leo asked.

“Yeah, you got to chill on the super agility.” Chase warned her. “Somebody’s going to see you using your bionics.”

“No one ever sees me.” Bree said. “I mean, you didn’t see me swipe your lunch money.” She then held up a few dollar bills.

Chase patted his pockets, a frown on his face. “You’re good.” He tried swiping the money away from her, but failed.

Principal Perry walked over to us once she spotted Bree. “Hey, you! How’d you get past my checkpoint? I sent you to the back of the line.”

“Uh, that wasn’t me.” Bree lied.

“Must have been somebody else.” Chase added and I nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, somebody who can’t climb ceilings.” Adam said then bent down. “Saved it.” He sang.

“No you didn’t.” I sang back so only he could hear.

“You three have an answer for everything, don’t you?” Perry asked. Are Leo and I invisible?

“I don’t like to brag, but the answer to that is yes.” Chase said.

“There is one thing I pride myself on.” Perry bragged.

“You’re incredibly sturdy calves?” Bree questioned.

“No!” Perry exclaimed, frowning. “My instincts. And my instincts tell me that you three are trouble.”

“Well, I don’t like your instinct at all.” Adam said. “And you can tell them I said that.” I mentally face palmed. Sometimes Adam is just…I can’t even think of the words to describe him.

“I can’t put my finger on it, but ever since you arrived, strange things have been happening around here.” She said, suspiciously. I grabbed Chase’s hand and intertwined our fingers. “And the only strange thing I will tolerate is the janitor.” She looked at the janitor and half-smiled. “I have to. He’s my cousin.”