-

It was anxiety.

"Hi..." he tries to say in a loud manner— yet again, it came off as another whisper. He could feel tears in his eyes and sweat on his palms, he felt his knees shaking and his breath hitching as he waits for her response, or departure, or his heart attack, whichever comes first.

"Uhh....." she says, looking at the ceiling and probably wanting to find a way to escape their god awful conversation, "....meeloowww...."

"I'm sorry for being a bitch....."

"Same here too..."

He smiles at her. She does the same, only more smaller and forced.

"So can we be friends in the most open-minded way possible, hypothetically erasing my feelings towards you on the process?"

Silence.

"Straight forward, huh?"

"I'm sorry...." says he, desperately trying to swallow the dryness on his throat (if that was possible) and his tears (if that was possible)

"But yeah. Sure. Let's be friends in the most open-minded and secretive way possible." she smiles warmly, holding out her hand. "Just friends, not fans."

"Y-yeah... su-sure...."

"Friends." she repeats, shaking her hand as a sign of wanting to take his.

"Yeah....." he wipes his hand on his jeans before finally taking her soft hands, using his other to mess up his hair to hide all the tears he was shedding as of that moment, "Friends..."

"Don't cry..."