Chapter 5

A few days passed without any contact from Timothee. Trying not to get her hopes up, and not to alert her father to her potential gentleman friend.

Valentina tried to be as casual as possible when the telephone rang, although her heart did skip a beat every time it rang, and after a while, Paul was becoming suspicious of her running to the phone before him.

When he did finally ask her about her strange behavior, she shrugged it off as hoped if it being her mother, and for the time, Paul seemed to buy it, thankfully.

   When the fifth day finally rolled around, she had resounded herself to accepting the fact he was to going to call and it's because of this, when after dinner while watching a film on the television with her father when the telephone rang, she didn't bat an eye when Paul offered to get it.

  "Hello?...... You want to speak to who?"

Valentina lifted her head from the arm rest she'd been leaning on, focusing on Paul's voice which sounded suspicious, "and who exactly are you?.......Well I don't know any Sheehans, let alone a Timothée. Now I'll give you ten seconds to tell me how you got my number and how do you know Valentina or I'm calling the police." Paul's voice had turned threatening by the time Valentina ran up to him in the hall, and placed her hand over his on the telephone.

"Daddy, it's okay, I know him." Paul looked positively scandalized, looking between the phone and his daughter and back again.

"Hold please," Paul spoke before covering the receiver, "how do you know any boys? You haven't started school yet.....How did you-When did you-why is he calling you?!" Matching doe eyes stared at each other, the elder with displeasure and the younger anxious.

"Can I just talk to him. Please? I promise to explain afterwards," she tried to take the telephone from Paul, but he had a vice-like grip on the device , "you have to let go Dad...."

She tried a second time and Paul finally relinquished his hold, stepping back as Valentina spoke excitedly/yet shyly, a flush covering her cheeks.

Stepping away, Paul furrowed his brows, baffled and in dire need for a drink. Then he heard Valentina giggle.

Make that two drinks.

"Paul, I don't know...... we're pretty booked as it is and you lads rent the studios constantly...." George (Martin) sighed as Paul crossed his arms with an exasperated look on his face.

"Please George, I know she can sing. With parents like hers the possibilities of her as an artist are endless...." He added his puppy-dog eyes for added effect and George considered it.

It was true Valentina's mother's vocal range was legendary at such a young age, multiple awards, platinum records, Grammy nomination, combining that voice with Paul's could be interesting.....

  Defeated, George sighed and shook his head tiredly, "Alright, I did have a cancellation, but it's a half hour slot, she's gotta be in and out before the next set is ready. Now don't say I never do anything for your Paul." He watched Paul's face light up, much like it did when he had a new melody for what he knew would be a smash hit in his head.

Paul grinned triumphantly, turning in his heel and power walked out of the room in search of his child, and George sat back, wondering what he was about to get himself into.

  "Cheers George, you won't regret it!" George rolled his eyes  as Paul beamed, poking his head back through the door.

"For your credibility McCartney, I hope so." George called after the man, shaking his head fondly.