Chapter 1

I was sitting on my bed, staring at the ceiling as always. I've always been alone. Whenever I go to school, I get bullied by so many people. I've never had a friend.

I shed a tear as these thoughts drifted through my mind.

My name is Night. I live with my mother and father. I'm fifteen years old. My father works as a scientist in a big lab. My mother is currently unemployed and is an alcoholic. She often beats me senseless just because I'm bisexual. I've gotten used to it, though, so I don't care what she does. My life doesn't matter, anyway.

My dad was perfectly fine with me being bi. He said I should love whoever I want. Before he left for work this morning, he told me he was working on something big. Something about a portal to other dimensions? I don't really remember quite clearly...

Anyway, I figured getting outside would help me feel better.

You would think I'm someone who cuts myself, right? Wrong. I honestly don't see how that helps people cope with pain. If I were to do it, I already know that it would make my life worse, and I'd rather not go through that.

I slipped through the front door without my mother noticing. I took a deep breathe of the fresh morning air. Since it's Saturday, I can do whatever I want. I walked to the park, which wasn't too far from my house. But when I got there, I saw someone I really didn't want to see.

One of my bullies, Bruce, and two of his friends, Carl and Philip, were headed toward me.

"Hey, faggot," Bruce greeted in an insulting manner. "Ready for your daily beating?"

"I don't even care anymore," I replied. "Just do whatever you want."

Bruce began punching me, over and over. I'd be lying if I said it hurt. I barely felt a thing, yet somehow, I felt anger. I decided to let that anger out.

"Was that supposed to hurt?" I stood up, looking Bruce in the eye with my normal, emotionless face. I could tell he was infuriated by my insult. His two friends stood behind him, shocked that I stood up to the toughest kid in school.

"Is... Is this a joke?!" exclaimed the bully, clearly confused as to why he was unable to hurt me.

"What, your life?" I responded to his rhetorical question. "If so, then yes. A very bad one." Philip and Carl let out a chuckle.

Bruce, now filled with rage, charged at me. I easily dodged his attack, with a follow up counter. I punched the back of his neck, knowing that it would knock him out.

Bruce collapsed on the ground, unable to move. I turned toward my home, then looked back at the trio, saying, "Whose the faggot now?"

A/N: There is a reference in this chapter. I have a challenge for you readers... In the comments, you have to put what I used as the reference, and where it's from.

Good luck!