Prologue

A small group was walking through the middle of the desert. It was hot, and they were out of water. Which, of course, meant that everyone was at each other's throats.

"You guys are all idiots!" Eva snapped, ran ahead in a huff, and fell off of the dune, where everyone heard... splashing? They ran after her, only to find that she had found an oasis.

They all drank as much as they wanted, then decided to take turns bathing. Here's the order they're going in: Yugo first, Amalia second, Evangelyne third, Dally fourth, then Ruel last. Adamaï would take his bath with Yugo, since they were brothers and all.

Yugo was about to get in, when Amalia asked him a question he had been dreading. "Why don't you take your hat off, Yugo? Here, just let me take it until you're done..." That's as far as she got before Yugo jumped in, holding his hat tightly. "Guess that answers my question," Amalia said, laughing. Evangelyne though, anyone could tell just by the look on her face that she was suspicious. 

After they were done bathing, Evangelyne came up to Yugo and asked, "Hey Yugo, are you hiding something from us? You're always wearing your hat, and you're so protective of it, anyone would think you're hiding something from us."
His ears skyrocketed upward from surprise and shock, then dropped down slowly until they touched his cheeks, before skyrocketing upwards again. At that, everyone started to stare at him, as his ears crept downwards. "Yugo," Amalia said, choosing her words carefully, "Why do your ears move like that? Is there something under them?" Yugo just muttered that he didn't want to talk about it, and ran off in tears for some reason.

The group arrived in the Sadida kingdom after about a week. After Yugo ran off, he apparently came straight to the Sadida kingdom, so they didn't have to look for him.

The king had asked Amalia to tell Yugo something, so she was looking for him. She turned a corner. "Oh, there he is! Yugo! Yugooo!" She waved, running up to him. "We've been looking for you," She said brightly. "Father wants you to attend dinner tonight. He says you haven't been eating. He looked ashamed and whispered something. Amalia had to strain to hear it. "That's because I haven't been." She looked at him, horrified. "Why haven't you been eating, Yugo?" He looked embarrassed and whispered that he hadn't been hungry lately. "Well, I'm about to change that." She grabbed his arm and dragged him all the way to the banquet table, where she forced him to eat loads of food.

After she was satisfied with the amount that he had eaten, she let him go do whatever. To her surprise, he headed towards the forest, trembling, with his ears flying all over the place. "I wonder what's up with that." She muttered softly, watching him go.

Yugo walked into the forest, trembling with pain, his ears going all over the place, his stomach threatening to hurl, and extreme pain coming from his wings.

He slumped down under a tree and took off his hat. Nobody knows about his wings. Not even Adamaï. Not even his dad. Only the other Eliatropes know, and they are far, far away, in another dimension.

Unable to think of what else to do, Yugo started singing.

"I have no one to talk to.
I'm all alone in this.
What should I do?
I'm confused, I'm not sure what to think anymore.
Who knew that having wings could hurt so much?
I'm lost, I'm alone, I don't know what to do, but my wings will see me through.
I'm scared of what they will think, faced with the truth.
Anybody with any sense would leave me all alone .
I wish this could just be a dream.
I don't want to do this anymore.
It was fun at first, but now there's just secrets everywhere.
I have to hide from my family and friends.
I know it's wrong to think this way.
But I just can't stop myself.
And I just can't reveal my most closely guarded secret.
I'm sorry, but I can't tell you friends, or you will hurt me.
Maybe without realizing it.
You will hurt me, you will think you're helping me, but every time you touch them, I get hurt, badly.
You think it'll all get better, but all it can get is worse.
Who knew that having wings could hurt so much.

After my song, I took a long drink and decided to sing something a bit shorter.
(Song at the top👆🏿)

I'm paralyzed
where are my feelings
I no longer feel things
I know I should
I'm paralyzed
Where is the real me
I'm lost and it kills me
Inside
I'm paralyzed

Yugo liked this song a lot better.

He smiled and stood up. He ran a hand through his hair, and just barely nicked one of his wings. Burning pains immediately began to pulse in his wings, spreading down his head slowly. When he was younger, it had been warm and comforting, but after the battles with Nox and Qilby, they became super sensitive, so he couldn't touch them and feel their calming warmth. Instead, he'd get a major, head-splitting headache, and a burnt hand.

Yugo suddenly heard footsteps, so he hurriedly put his hat on.

Looking where the footsteps were coming from, he saw two someones he was hoping to never see again...

I own the first song, but not the second one.