Chapter Two

Yugo laughed as he ducked under Adamaï's outstretched arms, holding on tightly to his hat. Adamaï tried to discreetly grab Yugo's hat, but his brother twisted away.

"Is that all you got, brother? I thought that you had more in you!" Yugo cried, jumping onto a rock. Adamaï watched worriedly, making sure that his brother was fine. It had been nearly a month since he'd woken up from his coma, and he was still in stage three. Stage four was the one that lasted the longest, so they'd at least have several more months to find a cure.

But Yugo was still sick, although there were few physical traces of the disease on his body. Adamaï fed him at least once a day and tried to keep him as healthy as possible.

Adamaï jumped up after his brother. They collided, wrestling in the dirt like children. They were children.

But that was okay. They were going to find a cure, and they were going to heal Yugo. Amalia had set the entire Sadida and Cra peoples to finding a cure, Ruel was dipping into his pockets of gold, Dally was looking for a cure by taking endless quests with Evangelyne, and Adamaï was researching dragon magic to try and find a cure.

Yugo was going to make it.

. oOo.

Yugo stared at the plate. The food swam before his eyes, looking like poison. Each bite was incredibly painful, sharp pains racing across his stomach, radiating out from the center of his belly. It hurt. It was incredibly painful. He could barely breathe. Black dots swam before him, dancing the waltz before his very eyes.

He hated eating now. It was incredibly painful, and he'd always just throw it up by the hour's end.

He needed help. He needed someone to tell him what he had to do. He needed direction, not a bunch of stumped people waving their clipboards around.

"Don't eat it, Yugo." Qilby's voice reverberated in Yugo's head, causing the boy to pause. "It'll only make you worse. You need food, but this is not the way. You're only going to kill yourself faster this way." Yugo hesitated, looking down at the plate. "But this is the only way that I can get food, and Adamaï worries when I don't eat."

A quiet chuckle. "Then have Adamaï feed you through wakfu. That way he won't worry, and you'll get fed." Yugo's eyes widened. "He can do that?" He asked excitedly. "Of course he can. It's necessary sometimes, like when someone can't eat, or they're in a coma, or when they're too weak or too young. They're then fed through wakfu. I've done it to many others, and I've had it done to me before many times. I can promise you, it doesn't hurt at all."

Yugo frowned, pushing around the food on his plate. "I'll give it a try." He whispered.

. oOo.

Yugo laid in bed, looking up at Adamaï nervously. They were going to try feeding him using wakfu. He had completely stopped eating. He couldn't do it anymore. His throat would close and lock up, and anything that went down would just come back up minutes later.

But he was scared. Food gave you energy, and wakfu was nothing more than energy, but having something that powerful inside him? He was scared. He remembered what had happened to Nox when he had used too much wakfu.

Adamaï laid a hand on Yugo's shoulder comfortingly. "It'll be okay, brother. You know that I won't let anything happen to you."