1

why the fuck do you need to study interior angles? like, who uses that in everyday life? do you need to fucking measure your sandwich?

these irrelevant and distracting thoughts kept clouding my brain. you know what? i need to treat myself. i've studied for over 3 hours.

i got up and put my red converse on and left the house. i lazily walked to the bubble tea shop that was a few blocks away from my house.

"hello, may i take your order please?" the cashier politely asked as she smiled, brightly. i didn't hesitate to smile back.

"may i please order one large chocolate milk tea, with black pearls?"

"that would be $3.55 please."

i put a bunch of coins in her hand and payed for the drink and stood in a corner for my number to get called out.

"26?" i walked over to the counter and got my drink.

ready, and aim! i stabbed the straw through the plastic lid, perfectly positioned in the middle. yes!

i took a sip of the cool milk tea that soothed my throat. i was again, thinking useless thoughts again until i felt an abrupt bump making my hand slip.

"sorry!" a deep voice apologised. i looked at the man who had bumped me and then my eyes travelled down to see the monstrous mess. my drink spilled everywhere, and the black pearls were scattered across the tile flooring.

"you. fucking. idiot!" i hit him vigorously on the chest several times ignoring his groans.

"yah! this milk tea costs so much, and you just spilled it! i don't even have money for rent! how am i supposed to pay everything-" i yelled and continued to rant. people's attention turned our way, but i didn't care. i stepped out of the spill zone and a worker came to clean it up.

"i'll pay for another one! i'm sorry!" he apologised with a sincere tone, bowing.

he rushed over to the counter. "excuse me, may i please order what she ordered?" he pointed to me.

"im so sorry customer, we just ran out of black pearls and chocolate milk tea. is there anything else you want to order instead?" she said politely. the guy turned around to see my furious face.

i. am. so. going. to. murder. you!

"see! the fucking chocolate milk tea was all i wanted. way to go and ruin someone's day." i rolled my eyes at him, boiling with anger as i crossed my arms.

"fuck! well, if you want the tea so bad-" his voice trailed off mid-sentence and he suddenly grabbed hold of my wrist pulling me outside the bubble tea shop.

"what the fuck, stranger danger?!" i tried to resist and pull his hands off my wrist, but his hands didn't move an inch.

"do you want your milk tea or not?" he stopped and turned around to face me. he looked me in the eye, glaring at me. i could feel his impatience growing. thinking about my milk tea, i shut up and let him take me.

after a few minutes of tireless walking, we managed to arrive at a cute yellow neon coloured shop. i looked up and read the sign at the front of the store, 'Ryan's Bubble Tea'

"namjoon, give me some chocolate milk tea!" the guy who held my wrist, asked the guy at the counter disrespectfully.

"with black pearls." i whispered to him. he rudely spoke to the cashier again, adding the black pearls to the order.

"are you satisfied now?" he finally let his grip of me go, and he exhaled in exhaustion. he gave a small smile in relief. he looks cute when he smiles.

i mean ugly. he looks ugly when he smiles.

"is namjoon your friend?" i changed the topic, embarrassed of my previous thought.

"i guess, i've known him for a long time. i guess you can call us close friends." i let a smile slip as he explained.

"$6.50 please." i heard a worker say to a customer and i choked on the air. expensive milk tea much. i felt an immediate wave of guilt.

"h-hey, second thought, im fine! you don't have to pay for my drink."

"no, it's fine. i'm just paying back for what i did." he smiled warmly, making me feel even worse.

"hey what's your name again?" he turned to me and asked.

"what do you mean 'again'? i never told you my name stupid!" i laughed and then came to an awkward stop as i realised he wasn't laughing with me.

i cleared my throat. "my name is seulgi." i introduced myself and he did the same.

"i didn't make a mistake by saying 'again.' i know you."

you do?