01

Bad Meets Good| 01
Amber Gonzalez

Today was the first day of school and I was just starting a brand new school. I was going into grade 12 this year, as I was walking into the school doors, fear entered my mind. I was the straight A and B student.

I had my schedule in my hands and I made my way over to my first class. I made sure to come early so I didn't get in trouble the first day. The teacher picked out a seat that he said no one sat at. I think he noticed the fear I had and he asked me if I'm okay. I nodded and didn't say anything after that. The bell rang and eventually the class started to fill up with students that I've never met before.

While the teacher started taking attendance, a boy walked into class, noticing that he just arrived the teacher sighed and said "Jack it's the first day you could've tried to be early, go sit in that empty chair." The boy laughed and made his way to the chair besides me. I looked up as he sat down, he turned to look at me and I quickly looked away. I knew he was looking at me and all I could think of is "why is he looking at me?"

I slowly looked his way again and my eyes met his, he smirked at me and turned his head up front. For some reason I couldn't stop staring, he was every girls dream. His smile lit up the whole room and his eyes can make anyone melt. I finally looked away and opened my schedule, "next class is pe, great."

"If you want I can take you over to pe that's my next class" I heard this deep toned voice coming from the seat next to me. I turned my head and saw Jack looking at me. "Me?" I said. He nodded and smiled "yea I wouldn't mind taking you over there, that's where I go next either way." "Oh then I-I guess, thank you." As a little smile grew upon my face. "What's your name, I'm Jack, Jack Gilinsky." "I'm Amber, Amber Gonzalez."

For the rest of the class we started talking and I don't think the teacher even noticed. The bell rang and it was time for my next class. "Follow me" he said. I followed him as we made our way over to the gym room. "The girls locker room is over there." I looked up at him and gave him a small smile, "thank you for helping me out." "No problem babygirl." He then turned around and made his way over to the boys locker room. I felt my cheeks heat up when he said "babygirl". It felt like I fell for his trap, I've never met the kid and he already has an affect on me.

I went to the girls locker room and changed into the pe clothes. A girl walked up to me and introduced herself. "My names Vanessa I saw that your new and I wanted to introduce myself." I looked up at her "My names Amber." We walked out of the the locker room and made our way towards the courts. Coach took attendance and said that today were playing volleyball. He let us pick our groups and gave one ball for each game. Since their was only one net every team played one game. I teamed up with Vanessa and couple of her friends. They were really fun and funny and the whole conversation with them was good.

As the first game went on, I looked around where everyone was sitting trying to find Jack. When I found him I saw that he was already looking my way. He smiled at me and I smiled at him. "Who are you smiling at?" Vanessa asked. I looked at her direction "this boy named Jack Gilinsky, do you know him?" Vanessa's eyes went wide and she whispered to me "I suggest you don't do anything with him that's not more than friends." She knew that I was confused and explained more, "he's a heartbreaker, he tells you all these nice things and acts like a gentlemen at first, but when he gets what he wants he leaves you like if your trash, your better off not even communicating with him."

When she told me that, I looked his way again and thought about what she told me. What is their not to love about him. I see how he gets girls to fall for him. Part of me didn't want to believe what she said but the other told me to trust what she said, she was here longer so she knows. Questions roamed my mind and eventually it was time for my team to go. We played against another team of girls that looked like they had no clue what to do. Volleyball was a sport that I loved to do on my free times. When the game ended our team ended up wining. As I was going to go back down to sit I heard one of jacks friends say "wow she's really good" which made me look their direction.

"Of course she's good, she's perfect." Jack said looking straight at me.